Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 05-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters will become famous soon enough

what does it matter if they did have a deal in place. the nfl isn't going to care because this would solve an enormous PR problem for them.

1) the Cardinals would likely finish no worse than 9-7 and you would've have a 7-9 team winning a playoff spot

2) the lockout will be over and the NFL isn't going to investigate because once the lockout is over they are going to move on in a big way.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
Blitz
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler

Blitz is on a distinguished road

If this happens I will be giddy like a school girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebreath View Post
There's also some stuff swirling around about the Broncos talking to the Cards about Kyle Orton, who isn't a bad QB. And, of course, there's always the possibility of Palmer being shipped to Seattle. So, you have Orton to Arizona, and Palmer to Seattle. And, Kolb to...?
But stuff like this is what brings me down to Earth. If the trade does happen Arizona must REALLY want them some Kolb.

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
IMK
Pro Bowler

IMK

I refuse to believe the Cardinals will part with Patrick Peterson to get Kolb. I fully expect Kolb to be traded to Arizona, but no way in hell will Peterson be involved.
IMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #14
Ike
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler

Ike has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMK View Post
I refuse to believe the Cardinals will part with Patrick Peterson to get Kolb. I fully expect Kolb to be traded to Arizona, but no way in hell will Peterson be involved.

Agreed... pipe dream
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #15
beagle
2011 Contributor
Veteran

beagle has disabled reputation

Well if they were going to trade this years first round pick for Kolb, before the draft what is the difference?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Agreed. It is not a pipe dream... in fact, it kind of makes sense to me. I will believe it when I see it though. As an Eagles fan, I'm all about the negativity.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

FRESH is on a distinguished road

I think it's a lovely story. ANd you tell it so well. With such enthusiasm........
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

I also heard the show. Cowherd said a lot of stuff including reports that DMac was working out with some Ariz players so there may be something to that. What he didn't say was that McNabb lives in AZ and just maybe was working out with players who happen to be in AZ. He also didn't say that McNabb has worked out with players from other teams for years. Cowherd had to fill the air waves and he did so by running at the lips with nothing serious to backup the noise coming from his mouth.

But.......I would love for it to be true. Maybe I could get my house back from the last fiasco.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

FRESH... that was the funniest response I've ever heard. Was that the old lady in Forrest Gump?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #20
YourPalChrisMal 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

YourPalChrisMal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMK View Post
I will believe it when I see it too.

However, if there is some truth to it, is it possible that it's not just Kolb for Peterson? I really find it hard to believe that Kolb alone lands them Peterson. Could it be Peterson for Kolb plus say the Eagles 2nd round pick in 2012? Or something like that? That might make more sense.

Last edited by YourPalChrisMal; 05-06-2011 at 11:04 PM..
YourPalChrisMal is offline   Reply With Quote