Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
musicman
Senior Member
Hall of Famer
 
musicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fredricksburg,PA
Posts: 24,320
musicman is on a distinguished road
Default Question About Ajayi

What was his knee issue before the recent injury ?
__________________
RIP Mike !!
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 8,670
andrewaters will become famous soon enough
Default

Yes he didn’t have a lot of tread left on those tires.
__________________
You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.
andrewaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
ThoughtProcess
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phlorida
Posts: 7,353
ThoughtProcess has disabled reputation
Default

Some kind of degenerative knee condition. I also think that he injured his knee at Boise State too, so NFL teams were concerned about that when he was drafted
ThoughtProcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 30,318
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

He's a hell of a back and his injury was probably the main reason that we got off to such a lousy start. He'll probably be in camp but I doubt that he can come back the same. We have to find a way to replace him. This is the one area that Howie pretty much ignores and he's got to realize this. I know that he tried with the Flea but I don't know what in the world he was thinking there. That pick was a position that we had to hit on. Douglas has to take the blame there as he's the one that put the grade on him. There is a chance that Clements can return to his old self I suppose but after that we really don't have anything. Even Sproles looks like he's finally slowing down. Get us a HORSE Howie!
__________________
"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
rspurr
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler
 
rspurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,017
rspurr has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
He's a hell of a back and his injury was probably the main reason that we got off to such a lousy start. He'll probably be in camp but I doubt that he can come back the same. We have to find a way to replace him. This is the one area that Howie pretty much ignores and he's got to realize this. I know that he tried with the Flea but I don't know what in the world he was thinking there. That pick was a position that we had to hit on. Douglas has to take the blame there as he's the one that put the grade on him. There is a chance that Clements can return to his old self I suppose but after that we really don't have anything. Even Sproles looks like he's finally slowing down. Get us a HORSE Howie!
I think that one of our 2nd round picks has to be a RB. Itís either that or take a chance on Kareem Hunt.
I really like Benny Snell from Kentucky and think we could maybe get him late in round 2.
__________________
Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
rspurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 30,318
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspurr View Post
I think that one of our 2nd round picks has to be a RB. It’s either that or take a chance on Kareem Hunt.
I really like Benny Snell from Kentucky and think we could maybe get him late in round 2.
Is Hunt under suspension now or are teams just staying away from him? The Birds pretty much refuse to get involved with those types unlike other teams. I think that he's still going to get a nice contract someplace especially if the charges are beaten or have been dropped. I think that I read that they were dropped but I'm not sure. I'm guessing that they go for a high pick in the draft because of contract price but they have to hit on it.
__________________
"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
beagle
2011 Contributor
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: York, PA
Posts: 979
beagle has disabled reputation
Default

They say Dexter Williams form Notre Dame is looking good at the senior bowl practices.
__________________
Fly EaglesFly!
beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #8
rspurr
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler
 
rspurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,017
rspurr has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle View Post
They say Dexter Williams form Notre Dame is looking good at the senior bowl practices.
Bruce Anderson from ND St is looking good too from what I hear.
__________________
Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
rspurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:27 PM   #9
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 30,318
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle View Post
They say Dexter Williams form Notre Dame is looking good at the senior bowl practices.
Have we ever hit on a guy from Notre Dame?
__________________
"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #10
ThoughtProcess
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phlorida
Posts: 7,353
ThoughtProcess has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
Have we ever hit on a guy from Notre Dame?
Bobby Taylor?
ThoughtProcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.