Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Crisis

I need help...I'm jinxed.

For the past four years I have dominated my fantasy league. Each year I have started 7-1 or 9-0, then I stumble...last year, I'm 10-2, then lose the last two and lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. I have made the playoffs for the past three years, and have never gotten through to the finals...like I said, I'm jinxed...

So, this year I am in the same boat. I started 10-1 and lost the last three. The playoffs start this week and I am thinking that maybe some advice might help...who would you start?

Farve or Rothlisberger

2 from Larry Johnson, Brian Westbrook, Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew

2 from Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Bryant, Deverey Henderson, Santana Moss

LJ Smith (ugh...) or Ben Watson

Adam Vinitieri or Josh Brown

Eagles D (giggle) or Jacksonville D

wildcard: I do have an injured player I can drop to pick up someone....

Favre

Johnson, Gore

Fitz, Henderson

Vinny

Jack D
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

can you get garcia?

i'd start jones-drew; i heard taylor is banged up.
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I'd also reconsider starting God over Cheeseburger. Farve is so up and down that coming off his big game last week I fully expect him to crap out. Meanwhile Panther's CB Chris Gamble (hamstring) and backup CB Ken Lucas (hamstring) missed practice Wednesday and remain questionable to play. That should help Big Ben out quite a bit. I'd also look for another option at TE since Watson left the game hurt last week and they've been very quiet about his status all week long. I have him in one of my leagues and I'm avoiding him this week.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

maybe it's the playing "match ups" every week that catches up to you; I just pick a lineup and stick with it except for injuries or total suckiness.

I'd go with rspurr's recommendations.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Why not Westbrook?

By the way, your team looks a lot like mine. With McNabb out, my QB is either McNair or Trent Green

Comment

I could use a little advice also.

Vick or Romo?

Comment

jmuCJ that's a no brainer. The Falcons flat out suck in pass coverage. Romo is going to have a big day and well Vick is Vick and he faces a solid Dallas D. Go with Romo and thank me on Monday.

Billybird, for RB's you should go with LJ and Westbrook. LJ is a stud so you always start him and I think the Eagles will get Westy matched up on the crappy OLB so he should have a big day receiving and running. Gore is the #3 with a good match up but I'd still start Westy over him.

At WR Fitzgerald is a start (Bailey will slow him down but he won't be on him every play and that means opportunities.) I'd stay away from Bryant even though it's a good match up. Last week he was benched for part of the game. I'm not sure what that's about but you have a better chance of success with Moss or Deverey so I'd look at them this week. Between them it's close. Deverey has a better match up but Moss is a more frequent target. I'd look at Moss as the 2nd starter.

As I said before Watson might be hurt, but even if he weren't the Giants are allowing TE's to roam free lately. LJ could be a good play this week.

Start Vinitieri as long as you score with extra points. Manning is going to have a career day this week against the worst pass defense in the league. I expect the Colts to put up at least 40 points this week so that's a lot of points for AV.

I'll assume you're joking about the Eagles vs. Jacksonville. Jax killed Young earlier this year and the Eagles couldn't stop Tiki Barber with a net and a tranquilizer gun. Jacksonville is the obvious choice.

Comment

q for me

bulger or garcia

and

chadjo, walker, mark clayton, matt jones, bruce - pick 3

chad is a definite
                  walkers been small since ahole put cutler in but i know as soon as i bench him he'll go off
                  matt jones has the big week 2 weeks ago and 0 last week
                  clayton caught an 80 yarder last week from my bench
                  bruce im not too fond of

was leaning towards ocho, javon, and clayton(bal vs cle)
                  Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

ressecal go with Garcia. The Giants defense is falling apart lately so the Eagles may ut up some decent numbers. Bulger is facing the Raiders who have the #1 pass defense in the league. At WR you have to go with Johnson. He's a stud and this game looks like a shootout so he should produce for you. Walker is not a sure thing this week but he going against a slow defender in Rolle so there's a chance for the big play. Jones, Clayton and Bruce are all going to be tough to get points from. Between them I'd go with Clayton since he's facing Cleveland who's secondary sucks. The problem is that I think they'll continue t run more than throw so he'll have limited chances. The good news is that he should be effect when they do put it in the air. Good luck and remember to send me my 20% cut of all winnings from your fantasy teams!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                      ressecal go with Garcia. The Giants defense is falling apart lately so the Eagles may ut up some decent numbers. Bulger is facing the Raiders who have the #1 pass defense in the league. At WR you have to go with Johnson. He's a stud and this game looks like a shootout so he should produce for you. Walker is not a sure thing this week but he going against a slow defender in Rolle so there's a chance for the big play. Jones, Clayton and Bruce are all going to be tough to get points from. Between them I'd go with Clayton since he's facing Cleveland who's secondary sucks. The problem is that I think they'll continue t run more than throw so he'll have limited chances. The good news is that he should be effect when they do put it in the air. Good luck and remember to send me my 20% cut of all winnings from your fantasy teams!!
                      that's what i was thinking, just with not as much thought put into it

20% of zero - you got it!

Comment

alright...I decided not to go with Gore in the great northwest hurricane of '06. I live in Oregon, and the weather is almost as nasty as in Seattle right now...in fact, my neighbor's tree blew over about 45 minutes ago, and it's getting worse.

Probaby will go with Westy, but Jones-Drew is tempting...

I can pick up Garcia...might, however opt for a TE, or WR, though...

thanks for your thoughts!!

Comment

DAMNIT!!!

Comment

Always go with Gore! 14 points for me.
                            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

BillyBird I'm sure you know by now that Jones-Drew has been held out of practice this week with a calf injury. Meanwhile Taylor is expected to play so between those two points you might reconsider starting him. I still think Westbrook will have a good game this week. As far as Gore goes I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it. The way they were talking at the beginning of the game thought we were looking at a 13-10 game with the weather issues!

Comment

Working...
                              X