Gamble gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
    As I said in another thread, I'm sure Howie told Jeff Lurie what he planned to do with Gamble. Lurie was probably on board, but was forced to cave when faced with the prospect of losing his handpicked coach.

If you don't think Howie tried to pull a power play this week, there isn't much I can say to change your mind. This organization has a history under Lurie of letting the football guys go in favor of the cap guys. Heckert, Modrak, Pioli, now Gamble. There are others. Joe Banner tried pulling this stuff before as he worked his way into control over personnel. Howie learned everything from Banner.

That deal he signed to 2020 is just window dressing. I'm sure he is back on the phone with the Jets even as we speak.

And I'm not even sure this is all such a great thing. I was fine with Roseman running the draft. 2012 was a great draft. Not sure things went that smoothly this year with Kelly getting more involved. But they couldn't let Kelly walk. They are committed to this guy and they will sink or swim with him.

My main issue with MD and some of the others who posted here was their insistence that this was really no big deal, it was just the media blowing it all out of proportion. What happened this week was a very, very big deal.
    Agree completely on your last point. What lurie released as a statement told volumes. This is a multibillion dollar business. The fact that this move had to have an "emergency" type release told you how big of a move it was. Lots of corporate lackeys working overtime this week.

Comment

Working...
    X