Short week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short week.

Anybody have much concern here because of the short week?

I'm sure somebody will look up stats about Sundays after Monday night games.

Home field make a difference in those stats?

Yes to both.

I was annoyed after the game on Monday realizing now we have one less day to prepare for the Boys, but I do think coming off a home game and staying at home minimizing the time lost. There are no travel days to worry about, so they should have been able to get everything in this week.

I think its a disadvantage slightly, but then again, maybe having one less day to think about the game will keep the Eagles from getting too jazzed up for the game. If that's possible.

Comment

I have some reservations because of this factor. I am not aware of the statistcal breakdowns, though.

Comment

I think the team did not get a day off it would normally have had on Tuesday, so less rest. Having less time to listen to the media hype might be a plus. Overall no effect.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

The only think they really lose is rest because they usually get monday and tuesday off, no?
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I remember seeing Bill Parcells, when he was with the Giants, talk about the old matchups with the Eagles, and he used to say that the Eagles and the Giants could meet in a friggin parking lot, all they would need, is about an hour to get ready........So, short week, long week or bye week, I don't think either team would have much of an advantage. They know each other too well !!

Comment

I would be more concerned about the short week if both games weren't at home.

Normally I would worry about an emotional letdown after a big Monday night win, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Birds will be able to get motivated for this one...
              The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Recent record for games after MNF:

2005 - 1-2 (1-0 with McNabb at QB)
                2004- 2-1 (1 loss came on Jan 2nd against the Bengals when no starters were in)
                2003 - 1-2 (no excuses here. Lost the opener to Tampa Bay and then lost to New England the next week to start 0-2 at the Linc and then lost to SF at home after beating the Dolphins on MNF)

So mixed reviews - 4-5 but I'd say it's more like 4-2 with McNabb

Comment

Thanks Steve, I kinda thought it was mixed.

I know they used to have a bunch of numbers ALL times on for teams on Sunday after Monday night games, just didn't know if they broke that down to home and away and that sort of thing.

Comment

I normally don't like having a big game after a MNF game. But in this case I don't mind the short week. Our walking wounded wouldn't benefit from an extra day since their injuries seem to be the nagging types that will take the bye week to heal.

This short week forced the Birds to get over that Packers game fast and focus on Dallas. They had to dive into the gameplan ASAP.

And I also like the fact that they rebounded nicely in that second half Monday after playing sloppy. It forced McNabb to get in some faces and they came out on fire. I think that will help them focus this week on not pissing away scoring opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                    X