Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody been out of their house? Just wondering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody been out of their house? Just wondering.

I haven't except for except for essentials? And my daily coffee run to Dunkies with Moxie.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Fortunately we have lots of space and not too many people want to come to North Dakota so, while we have virus cases, the virus isn't rampant as it is in many places. So yes I get out. However, I have succumbed to a mask when I go to Walmart or Target
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

We have been really careful to avoid others and stay on our property if we go outside. I do take 30-60 minute drives in the country, both to keep the cars working and also keep our sanity, but we stay in the car at all times. We have grocery pick ups made to the trunk of our car so we can avoid direct contact with others. My parents are in their late 80’s and still live on their own, so my sister and I have been taking turns dropping off supplies and dinners for them. My in-laws live in rural Virginia and haven’t seen anyone in our family for 4 months. Since they have been isolating at home as well, we ventured out for the first time and spent Father’s Day weekend with them. My son stayed the week and we went down again last weekend to get him.

So the short answer is that we are limiting any social visits to our immediate family and avoiding going out anywhere else. (We have been doing weekly take-out from different restaurants to help keep businesses afloat but I will be laid off again in 2 weeks so that will be coming to an end.)
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just store runs and pick up from restaurants. We've rented a place at the end of July in the poconos so that will be our first real foray outside the house.

Comment

Been down the Jersey Shore for a week or so, heading home tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Been down the Jersey Shore for a week or so, heading home tomorrow.
            It sounds like you're the winner MD. You need to be more careful than others man!

Comment

been to the cabin about 6 times, been to Lowe's a bunch and did a bedroom remodel. Been doing lots of yardwork and have been working since May 5th.
              Last edited by musicman; 07-06-2020, 04:58 AM.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Since returning from FL in early May, we have been careful but not obsessive. We minimize visits to any indoor enterprises (food, drugs, lawn and hardware), and always 'mask up' as does virtually everyone we see here in upstate NY. We've gotten together with our daughter's small family 3 times...always outdoors with no hugs...and we're all big huggers.

We do not mask when working in our yard (2 acres) but sometimes do when we talk to our only close neighbor, an elderly, physically fragile widow whose yard I maintain. We walk our Wheaten twice a day, with masks at hand but rarely on as we walk in various settings with few other humans around.

We've had only phone contact with local friends. We've gotten together with our daughter's small family 3 times in open air settings. On such occasions we chose to disinfect out 'innards' liberally with alcohol rather than Lysol. That's worked thus far.

Edit: I neglected to say, we've gotten together with our daughter's small family 3 times...outdoors.

I also only have sex with farm animals outdoors...and they must wear masks.
                Last edited by tinopuno; 07-06-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Yes. My wife and I have been to restaurants and other events, but much, much less than before CV. We wear masks when prompted.

With that said, I had moderate case of Covid-19 in early march. And both my wife and I tested positive for Coronavirus antibodies (she was asymptomatic). So, in theory, we are probably immune from getting it or spreading it. But, nobody really knows for sure.

Comment

Yes. Stops at the store for my elderly uncle, pick-up for food at restaurants with the wife, picking nephew up from work, and going to work myself (public utility). Sometimes I cruise along A1A to see the beach. Missing the gym so I'm considering a treadmill or something

Comment

Good topic Eagle 60
                      I live in NYC right at ground zero for all this. For the first month, I only left the house once a week to go to the office to check on mail. My office is a 15 minute walk but I was nervous about it. Otherwise just went out for milk and other perishables.

After the first month, I felt very safe going to work so I started back 6 days a week. My building had a log of who came in and for a 24 floor building we had an average of 10 people a day.

For the last month, we have gone to Brooklyn and Queens via the NYC ferry where we can sit outside and see something different. With the opening of outside dining the last 2 weeks, we have been going out to dinner about 3 times a week. I will be going to the Jersey shore July 17th for 10 days for our big vacation this summer. Staying with my son and my daughter and her family will be coming down for a weekend. Have not seen them since early March and can't wait

I never go out without a mask. I will not go to eat inside restaurants even when allowed. That is too risky for me. I won't go to any Eagles games this year if they don't restrict attendence. If they do what the Dolphins are proposing with 25% attendence, having a predetermined entrance time to get through security and contactless food, I would probably take the chance for the 2 games I would be allowed. They are supposed to announce their plans next week.

I am so glad to hear that you all are taking this seriously. I know one person who died of Covid, a distant relative that got it and survived and a number of friends who had relatives die. I hope we get this under control, but I get very scared for the people in Forida, Texas and Arizona where it seems as bad as we had it. I would not wish that on anyone.

Comment

I live in Kansas City as you all know and we are now on a mandatory mask order outside.

But I have not changed my behavior one bit. I have gone where I wanted to go and did what I wanted the entire time.

I wore a mask a lot.

As you know I was furloughed so I spent a lot of time in grocery stores doing some Instacart so I'd have some walking around money.

I get at-risk populations taking it safe but that is not me and my family so we are pushing through it.

Please don't judge me though.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles2000 View Post
                          Good topic Eagle 60
                          I live in NYC right at ground zero for all this. For the first month, I only left the house once a week to go to the office to check on mail. My office is a 15 minute walk but I was nervous about it. Otherwise just went out for milk and other perishables.

After the first month, I felt very safe going to work so I started back 6 days a week. My building had a log of who came in and for a 24 floor building we had an average of 10 people a day.

For the last month, we have gone to Brooklyn and Queens via the NYC ferry where we can sit outside and see something different. With the opening of outside dining the last 2 weeks, we have been going out to dinner about 3 times a week. I will be going to the Jersey shore July 17th for 10 days for our big vacation this summer. Staying with my son and my daughter and her family will be coming down for a weekend. Have not seen them since early March and can't wait

I never go out without a mask. I will not go to eat inside restaurants even when allowed. That is too risky for me. I won't go to any Eagles games this year if they don't restrict attendence. If they do what the Dolphins are proposing with 25% attendence, having a predetermined entrance time to get through security and contactless food, I would probably take the chance for the 2 games I would be allowed. They are supposed to announce their plans next week.

I am so glad to hear that you all are taking this seriously. I know one person who died of Covid, a distant relative that got it and survived and a number of friends who had relatives die. I hope we get this under control, but I get very scared for the people in Forida, Texas and Arizona where it seems as bad as we had it. I would not wish that on anyone.
                          Man 2K please stay careful, especially in NYC! Are you near any of those friekin riots? Anyway, my wife is planning a 2 day trip in August with a friend and I'm trying to talk her out of it. We're pushing 70 and I just want her to go because it will be jammed with young people who don't give a shit about anything because they feel invincible.

Comment

NYC is one of the safest places in the country, now
                            There were a ton of protests. The first night they started rioting and I woke up around midnight and saw people running out of a liqour store and jump in a car and drive away. The cops got there 5 minutes later, but too late. Otherwise it has been pretty quiet. They walked down my street twice and I have heard them walking up Third Ave. (I live at 54th and Second). All pretty peaceful after that first night. It has mostly calmed down and the crowds are pretty thin, maybe 100 tops.

I don't know why anyone woud want to visit now though with everything closed. You can still have a decent time but it is not the same as before. Don't worry about the crowds and the kids. For the most part they are fine, and the infections are still minimal. This could be a window of opportunity as who knows what the fall will bring

Stay safe and be careful. AW as long as you are wearing a mask you are taking precautions. KC does not sound bad and I hope it stays that way

Comment

Been on lockdown here in S. Philly since March 12. During that time, Ive been out of the house maybe a half-dozen times. mostly never left the car, though. Thank God me & the wifey are both working from home and continuing to get paid, so we can have most essentials delivered.
                              I really feel for those who have lost their jobs due to this lockdown, and have no chance of finding another job in the middle of a pandemic. My 3 trips to pick up dinner at the local diner have cost a small fortune, what with my $100 tip each time (we've been going there for years and,despite the dangers, those folks are STILL showing up every day and trying to get by on 1/3 of their normal pay, so I wanted to do my part to help out).
                              The one significant trip was to Lowe's to buy some plywood to board up the windows, when the rioting was 5 blocks away. Fortunately, it never made it to my street and the windows remained intact . Those were some scary times, though!!

Hard to believe we've all been doing this for so long, its starting to feel normal.
                              Last edited by FearTheDawk; 07-08-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X