No announcement yet.

My two cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think it is far too easy to fire JJ and believe you have solved the problem than really looking at the players performances and evaluating that along with the coach as a total package....I am sure JJ deserves some blame, but just firing him is not the answer IMO. We need to look at the scheme, personnel and execution too.
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

VFK...3 of our loses have come in the final moments of a game. why is that? what is happening? he is changing the defensive packages. he goes stale in the fourth quarter. look at all three loses to NY, NO, and tampa. he must maintain a pressure package until the final seconds tick off the clock. his prevent "the eagles from winning" defense is nasseating

Comment

I have no idea if we are overreacting or not, VFK. The fact is, we were a highly rated D for years under JJ, but for 2 years now we've pretty much stunk up the joint. It's not like it's just a game-or-two slump.

So has JJ lost it, has the league caught on to his tired schemes? Or has the D just gotten old and untalented? take your pick. But something needs to change. I am open to suggestions.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm not calling for Reid or JJ to be fired. But, like I've said, I am tired of not being able to run the football consistently, and I'm tired of midget 1 gap defensive tackles that get blown off the LOS by a decent offensive line.

I think Reid and JJ are both good coaches, but they are not perfect. Reid needs to wake up with regards to running the football, and JJ needs to understand that his personnel are vulnerable to a power running game, and make some Goddamned adjustments, for crying out loud. How many years now has this been the case??

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            I have no idea if we are overreacting or not, VFK. The fact is, we were a highly rated D for years under JJ, but for 2 years now we've pretty much stunk up the joint. It's not like it's just a game-or-two slump.

So has JJ lost it, has the league caught on to his tired schemes? Or has the D just gotten old and untalented? take your pick. But something needs to change. I am open to suggestions.
            My point is IMO JJ does not wake up one morning and "lose it" all of a sudden...being able to field great defenses year after year at this level is earned and, by definition, means JJ adjusts all the time and constantly puts his players in positions to succeed and THEY usually execute at a high level....

Was the defense not very good against the Giants until the 4th quarter? Did it not befuddle Dallas? Did it not render Favre moot? Did it not deal pretty well with Smith and Carr? I thought it played pretty well against Tampa too overall...

It has been a mixed bag...yes, I think there have been adjustments around the league to JJ's schemes as there are every year to systems that teams are trying to beat...JJ has adjusted too this year as can be shown by him using Kearse in new ways, Dawk in new ways, bringing back Barber, adding Howard, Bunkley, starting McCoy & Considine etc.

No one stands still and has success in this league....thus JJ's "tired" schemes are probably not so tired....they might just not be working right now and he might not have the personnel or the players are not executing it correctly right now...

We saw how much pressure we got in the first 5 games...that has dropped off to minimal levels these last 3 games...we know that pressure helps our secondary and LB...the LB can fill the run holes and the secondary does not have to cover for 5-10 seconds per play...the pressure is not happening and this past week the DL got badly outplayed...that hurt our LB's ability to stop the run and has gotten us burned via the pass in all 3 games...

Is that JJ's fault entirely? No and I do not think it is all because of bad schemes...the players and JJ all share the blame and need to get it worked out....nothing can really change personnel-wise during the season and JJ is not going to be fired after 8 games...so they will have to find answers and get back on track...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
              My point is IMO JJ does not wake up one morning and "lose it" all of a sudden...
              No one is saying that, so why do you keep trying to create this false impression that people are?

You make it hard for people to read and accept the rest of your thoughts when you put this phony allegation out there.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

leif, I like your scenario very much. doubt that it will happen though, at least not this year;
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                  Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                  My point is IMO JJ does not wake up one morning and "lose it" all of a sudden...
                  No one is saying that, so why do you keep trying to create this false impression that people are?

You make it hard for people to read and accept the rest of your thoughts when you put this phony allegation out there.
                  This is who I was answering since he answered my post...

-Andy Reid

Comment

I hate that I agree with LD's original thought, but I do. This D has been strafed for two years now. Change is needed for whatever reason.

Where is Dawk? He used to pressure the QB on occasion. and I can't remember him doing that lately.

Lewis sucks as a cover S, but he should be a killer against the Jags game plan. Where was he?

How many games to we need to see 3 step drops, and back peddling CB's? If you play a two deep then you can jump the short shit on occasion ala R Barber. We just surrender the yards and 1st downs.
                    Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

VFK, it was posed as a question, not a statement of fact. For the record............
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                        I hate that I agree with LD's original thought, but I do.
                        I wasn't happy about writing it either, but it needed to be said.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

nc, I don't think our corners are capable of press coverage. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.

Comment

I don't think they are either in and by themselves. If you have S over the top then the CB's can press more than they do. We don't do that. We need to do that given the 3 step drops are killing us, but ultimately playing so conservatively has cost us games.

Sunday's game was a bad joke. The Jags didn't even pretend to want to pass the ball. Why not try hard to take a away the one thing that Del Rio probably felt comfortable doing? We should of went man, pressed a less than stellar WR group, and make Gerrard make a play.

Where's the innovative O? Screens? WR screens? Getting LJ involved? Horrible. We can't run. It's a windy day, and the deep stuff is out, so what then? Reid is a lousy OC; PERIOD.
                            Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

VFK, it was posed as a question, not a statement of fact. For the record............
                              And I answered the question..I knew you were not stating it as fact....not sure what the big deal is...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X