No announcement yet.

Words of wisdom from Jaws.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the run offense is missing is a run blocking TE, most teams(including all the NFC EAST teams) have one for their 2-TE sets. L.J. blocking is below average, he's knocked back off the ball in many situations. The signing of Schobel still baffle me, because he is a weak blocker,too. I'm sure there are some of these TE's on the street right now, but I don't think Reid view this as a need. TE Kyle Brady was in part resposible for some of the Jags big runs on Sunday.

Comment

Washington comes to Lincoln Financial Field after the bye week and then Tennessee visits. Those are two winnable football games, and if the Eagles take care of business, they are back to 6-4"

- We can't beat anyone right now. This is stupid logic. This is the logic that makes this team think they can walk on the field and just win.

Redskins will kick our asses if we play like we have.

Tennessee and Vince Young have some heart and look tough. Hell we can't win on the road in the AFC South anyway. If its over 80 degrees McNabb will be puking all game.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
        - We can't beat anyone right now. This is stupid logic. This is the logic that makes this team think they can walk on the field and just win.

Redskins will kick our asses if we play like we have.

Tennessee and Vince Young have some heart and look tough. Hell we can't win on the road in the AFC South anyway.
        I agree, Washington will run over us because they can run and play small ball. The way to beat Washigton is to run the ball and control it. The Titans will attempt to run the Jags' playbook against us, and Young is better than Garrad. Drastic improvement is needed. "Andy Reid, the time is your".

Comment

Yeah - imagine what Travis Henry, Clinton Portis and Vince Young will do to us? LMAO.

Vince Young on a bootleg with Guitar man standing out there? LMAO.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            Vince Young on a bootleg with Guitar man standing out there? LMAO.
            Young will run far and long enough that it will make McNabb puke.

Comment

Washington is a must win game. It's a division game against a mediocre team.
              Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

It's not just the big RB. We need a FB that can block, and a TE that can block. We still don't have either..

Comment

We don't really need a big RB per say, just a 4 down back that can run inside. Guys like Barber are not big, but they can run anywhere. We need a talented RB;Period.

Reid's philosophy is taking a toll. Now he wants to run and can't. The OL is passive, the backs can not run inside with any authority and neither TE is much of a blocker. Tapeh is a RB, he's not a FB. He didn't' set up this O to be a running team, and that's his mistake from the STL NFCCG. With an effective BUcky the Eagles looked good and kept STL off the field.
                  Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
                    It's not just the big RB. We need a FB that can block, and a TE that can block. We still don't have either..
                    I think Tapeh has shown he can block well...I think its more again of how many chances he gets to do so and how he is used...LJ and Schobel can block, but again it goes to philosophy of thinking a TE who can catch the ball is more valuable than a blocking TE...I agree with that philosophy, but do believe the backup TE should be a better blocker than Schobel is...
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                      We don't really need a big RB per say, just a 4 down back that can run inside. Guys like Barber are not big, but they can run anywhere. We need a talented RB;Period.

Reid's philosophy is taking a toll. Now he wants to run and can't. The OL is passive, the backs can not run inside with any authority and neither TE is much of a blocker. Tapeh is a RB, he's not a FB. He didn't' set up this O to be a running team, and that's his mistake from the STL NFCCG. With an effective BUcky the Eagles looked good and kept STL off the field.
                      I disagree....we do not have to be a running team and have had tons of success under this regime...the goal IMO is to be very good at both passing and running...right now we have developed the passing game to an elite level, besides the last game, but need to give as much focus on the running game so we can adjust when game situations demand it...

Westy and Bucky both can run up the middle and have well...the issue is more chances to do so and to get the OL, FB and RB in total sync with practice...Tapeh I think has shown he can block well when asked.

The OL is struggling, but I am not sure how you can call them passive...Runyan, Andrews and the rest can get it done IMO if again they are asked to more regularly...and if they can execute it well once they are asked to do it...
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

On the running play note, anyone see Bucky run into his own blocker for a tiny gain?
                        Prevent the prevent!

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
                          I concur. I guess with a better blocking FB, along with calling run plays, then Westbrook would get big numbers.

Comment

Working...
                          X