Players that Regress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players that Regress

Not on the Eagles since we all know, other than Simy, Mahe, Pinky, Parry and Fraley who all have never made a single good play in their lives and are only here because they are mormons, our players never regress...

No, I mean in our division or conference...

My Top 5:

1. Michael Strahan: Besides the fact I cannot stand the gap toothed, sack record fraud and the reality he was injured in 2004 and missed 8 games, Strahan has been a very consistent performer over this career...

At age 35, I think he starts to falter and has a sub-par season which leads to Osi being double-teamed and shut down on the other side and leaves the Giants weak secondary open to domination...let it be so.

2. Terry Glenn: Another guy I really dislike and one with an inconsistent career with 1996, 99 and last year as his best sprinkled around some average and downright bad seasons...

With the addition of TO and Parcells utilizing the running game more with Jones/Barber, I believe Glenn will regress and be vocally unhappy about it...he and TO could clash with Bledsoe in the middle and it would be great to see ole Billy Boy try to contain them...let it be so.

3. Shawn Springs: He already regressed last season from 2004, but I see the slide continuing and another high priced FA mistake looming for the Redskins they will have to deal with...

I think Taylor is over-rated in pass coverage especially and do not believe Archuleta is going to be the savior they need at SS which will out more pressure on Rogers the rook and Springs as the cagey veteran...he will get scorched repeatedly....let it be so.

4. Marcus Washington: Isn't the LB corps of the Redskins supposed to be very good? I do not see it...Washington on one side, Holdman on the other and Lemar Marshall in the middle? With LaVar gone, even though IMO he is one of the most over-rated defensive players in the last 10 years, their depth is shallow and the starters are not that great...

Washington has had some good years in Indy and Washington, but this year he gets exposed as the Redskins DL plays poorly and the short passing game works for opponents...let it be so.

5. Drew Bledsoe: Big surprise here, right? No, the OL is thin and shaky, Bledsoe is basically immobile in or outside of the pocket and defenses know they can beat the Cowboys easily if they knock Bledsoe down consistently....plus you throw in Parcells normal head games, TO and Glenn fighting over touches and Vanderjacka** making stupid comments while missing FG and my dream will be complete....let it be so.
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Re: Players that Regress

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
    Not on the Eagles since we all know, other than Simy, Mahe, Pinky, Parry and Fraley who all have never made a single good play in their lives and are only here because they are mormons, our players never regress...

No, I mean in our division or conference...

My Top 5:

1. Michael Strahan: Besides the fact I cannot stand the gap toothed, sack record fraud and the reality he was injured in 2004 and missed 8 games, Strahan has been a very consistent performer over this career...

At age 35, I think he starts to falter and has a sub-par season which leads to Osi being double-teamed and shut down on the other side and leaves the Giants weak secondary open to domination...let it be so.

2. Terry Glenn: Another guy I really dislike and one with an inconsistent career with 1996, 99 and last year as his best sprinkled around some average and downright bad seasons...

With the addition of TO and Parcells utilizing the running game more with Jones/Barber, I believe Glenn will regress and be vocally unhappy about it...he and TO could clash with Bledsoe in the middle and it would be great to see ole Billy Boy try to contain them...let it be so.

3. Shawn Springs: He already regressed last season from 2004, but I see the slide continuing and another high priced FA mistake looming for the Redskins they will have to deal with...

I think Taylor is over-rated in pass coverage especially and do not believe Archuleta is going to be the savior they need at SS which will out more pressure on Rogers the rook and Springs as the cagey veteran...he will get scorched repeatedly....let it be so.

4. Marcus Washington: Isn't the LB corps of the Redskins supposed to be very good? I do not see it...Washington on one side, Holdman on the other and Lemar Marshall in the middle? With LaVar gone, even though IMO he is one of the most over-rated defensive players in the last 10 years, their depth is shallow and the starters are not that great...

Washington has had some good years in Indy and Washington, but this year he gets exposed as the Redskins DL plays poorly and the short passing game works for opponents...let it be so.

5. Drew Bledsoe: Big surprise here, right? No, the OL is thin and shaky, Bledsoe is basically immobile in or outside of the pocket and defenses know they can beat the Cowboys easily if they knock Bledsoe down consistently....plus you throw in Parcells normal head games, TO and Glenn fighting over touches and Vanderjacka** making stupid comments while missing FG and my dream will be complete....let it be so.

So it is written, so it shall be!

Comment

Working...
    X