No announcement yet.

Brian Dawkins retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should force the worst poster to change his name to matthews50.

Comment

Wes Hopkins,Andre Waters,Tim Hauck all great S ,but none could transform themselves into a beast the likes of ...........WEAPON X

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        they should reach out NOW.
        According to that link steve posted, they did a while ago and its an open invite...plus they plan to retire #20 forever

Great player, great person, great character....one of my favorites for sure.

Hope he gets into the HOF, but safeties are very under-valued and represented there so it may be tough.

Thanks BDawk for everything
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

My favorite all time Eagle. Period. No contest. Come back home B-Dawk and retire.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
            My favorite all time Eagle. Period. No contest. Come back home B-Dawk and retire.
            Not sure of its veracity, but says here that he will:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/

Comment

Guys, the Eagles GAVE us Dawkins for 10+ years, drafted him, developed him, paid him very well, gave him a huge role with the team, surrounded him with good players and have always treated him well.

Again he got more $$ from Denver and decided to LEAVE, he was not pushed out, Eagles gave him an offer, but he was 36 yrs old and fading as a player. He played ok in Denver, but was not the same especially vs the pass as we saw in his last year here when JJ used him mostly up on the line vs the run. Plus the injuries mounted up as they normally do for older players.

I'm glad he decided to retire healthy and well as others have said and the FO did nothing wrong in letting him go; they got his best years and knew it was downhill from there and it was...and for him he got more $$ and was able to play a few more years like he wanted to...its really water under the bridge; neither Dawk nor the FO have any ill will so the fans should let it go....

As for being better than Nate Allen right now, I doubt it...Dawk's mind wants to continue, but his body is not able to and he is being smart to stop now.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                I'm glad he decided to retire healthy and well as others have said and the FO did nothing wrong in letting him go; they got his best years and knew it was downhill from there and it was...and for him he got more $$ and was able to play a few more years like he wanted to...its really water under the bridge; neither Dawk nor the FO have any ill will so the fans should let it go....
                Wrong. They were wrong in letting him go. They should have paid the man instead of investing lots of resources into replacing him, and failing miserably. It's water under the bridge, but they fucked up.

That being said, I wish him the best. Class act, and a phenominal player. HOF worthy for sure.

Comment

Looks like the beat writers have inside info that says they'll retire his # at a game next year. I plan to be there!

Comment

Here you go

The Eagles will honor Brian Dawkins on Sept 30 in a nationally televised game on NBC against the New York Giants.

Comment

Congrats to Brian on a great career.

Comment

Perhaps my favorite Eagle of all time. Loved the way he carried himself on and off the field. I wish him all the best going forward, and hope he ends up on tv or on the sidelines or front office in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          Wrong. They were wrong in letting him go. They should have paid the man instead of investing lots of resources into replacing him, and failing miserably. It's water under the bridge, but they fucked up.

That being said, I wish him the best. Class act, and a phenominal player. HOF worthy for sure.
                          They only fucked up in how they tried to replace him, they paid him handsomely for 12 years over 3 different extensions until he was 36...there were no starting S at that age at the time in the entire NFL plus he had been fading vs the pass & struggling with injuries...

It takes both parties to agree on a deal....Eagles made a fair offer for where he was at the time, Dawk took the Denver alternative which was the only other offer on the table & widely acknowledged as an overpay since they desperately needed defensive help....he left just as much as they allowed him to walk away. He was smart to take the bigger $$ deal and be able to play more years like he wanted to; neither party did anything wrong IMO.

Either way, this should be a celebration of Dawk as a player and person; the Eagles did alot for him and he did alot for the Eagles. Those are the best situations; where team and player fit perfectly and achieve great things together...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Sad news for the NFL. One of the all-time greats. I get chills thinking about the guy.

Best of luck in your retirement, Dawk. I wish you health and happiness and very long life. You're my favorite Eagle forever.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                              They only fucked up in how they tried to replace him, they paid him handsomely for 12 years over 3 different extensions until he was 36...there were no starting S at that age at the time in the entire NFL plus he had been fading vs the pass & struggling with injuries...

It takes both parties to agree on a deal....Eagles made a fair offer for where he was at the time, Dawk took the Denver alternative which was the only other offer on the table & widely acknowledged as an overpay since they desperately needed defensive help....he left just as much as they allowed him to walk away. He was smart to take the bigger $$ deal and be able to play more years like he wanted to; neither party did anything wrong IMO.

Either way, this should be a celebration of Dawk as a player and person; the Eagles did alot for him and he did alot for the Eagles. Those are the best situations; where team and player fit perfectly and achieve great things together...
                              Correction: They fucked up in letting him go (went to two Pro Bowls), and fucked up in TRYING to replace him. Basically, they fucked up royally.
                              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                                Correction: They fucked up in letting him go (went to two Pro Bowls), and fucked up in TRYING to replace him. Basically, they fucked up royally.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X