Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
    crap for crap trade, hopefully we got the better pile
    Pretty much. However DGB at least has the potential to be a really good player. Kelly did not.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Low risk, high reward. After watching Dennis Kelly, I wouldn't offer a 7th round pick for him. He's that bad. Beckham is an underachiever with bad hands, but he's not 7th round pick bad. At least he has some physical gifts and some potential. The only thing Kelly has going for him is the ability to miss blocks and get the QB killed.

Comment

Kid had a rookie QB for 11 games and Mettenberg for 7 as a QB. Their TE led the team in yards and receptions. They had no WR with more than 36 receptions or 71 targets. I still think he has potential, but needs to get his head on straight.

Comment

We also got the better end of a signing bonus here too. Keep in mind, he might find some kindred spirits in J Matt and Others. Dawkins and Greg Lewis were solid guys too obviously. If you can get him in the right mindset you are looking at a kid with a Des Bryant skill set.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Well, we can now match the Vaggies Beckham for Beckham.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Now I wouldn't say that. You are talking about a kid that was the 40th pick in the draft last year. Talent is there. He showed much more as a rookie last year than any receiver we have on this team not named Mathews. The big thing is the Eagles have to find a way to motivate this kid. If they don't what they did they give up? An offensive lineman who was most likely not going to make this team.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

you got potentially a hr for a total pile of shit. No problem whatsoever with this move
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Blane Bishop was saying today that the kid just seems to lack focus and concentration, regularly does things like when breaking from the huddle, he runs to the wrong side of the formation. He seemed do really like his potential and felt like the Titans should have given him one more year to pull it together instead of giving up on him already. It's all between the ears stuff. Don't know if it's correctanle, but hopefully this trade will be the wake up call he needs to gain that focus and straighten up. Doesn't seem to be happening with the Giants cast off. We just need to hit on 1 outta 2.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                    Well, we can now match the Vaggies Beckham for Beckham.

True, but at least the Eagles now have a Green-Beckham.

Comment

I'm not sure there is a player in the position group that can mentor him. Maybe there is a college teammate or cheerleader that can get to him
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Mike Mularkey, who apparently has a very fitting last name, claims the Titans 'traded
                        to fill a need. Not because they gave up on DGB'.

The Titans felt adding Kelly and his three seasons of experience was the right move.

LINK:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-up-on-dgb/

Mularkey went on to say that he was confident that Kelly had overcome the one very minor
                        issue in his otherwise flawless pass blocking technique (as shown here)

and that Kelly would now stymie all pass rushers with his brilliant new signature block...'The Kelly].

Comment

Well, I highly doubt Malarkey say" we fired the fat lazy bastard who dropped more than he caught and hope Kelly shows more than he did against TB in the Eagle opener where he looked like a matador with a bull's horns up his ass" but I suppose it's a little encouraging.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

More from BGN

This is poor football sense, it is worse people sense and it is not the first time the Eagles are going down this path this offseason. They drafted Jalen Mills, who has been popular in camp, despite his involvement in a domestic dispute while he was in college. They have prioritized performance over people, but not even performance, perceived upside as performance. There is nothing to suggest DGB has improved as a person or a player, but the Eagles are investing in the ceiling he has failed to hit year after year. I want to make it clear that second chances are a thing I believe in and something everyone should believe in, but Green Beckham is beyond second chances. He was given chance after chance by Mizzou, the University of Oklahoma, and the Tennessee Titans and has failed each and every test given to him. When the Eagles signed Michael Vick after he was released from prison all those years ago, there was a genuine desire in Michael Vick to make good on his wrongs and he worked his ass off on and off the field to show how deeply apologetic he was and that he was a better man. We have yet to see that from Dorial Green Beckham.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              This is poor football sense, it is worse people sense and it is not the first time the Eagles are going down this path this offseason. They drafted Jalen Mills, who has been popular in camp, despite his involvement in a domestic dispute while he was in college. They have prioritized performance over people, but not even performance, perceived upside as performance. There is nothing to suggest DGB has improved as a person or a player, but the Eagles are investing in the ceiling he has failed to hit year after year. I want to make it clear that second chances are a thing I believe in and something everyone should believe in, but Green Beckham is beyond second chances. He was given chance after chance by Mizzou, the University of Oklahoma, and the Tennessee Titans and has failed each and every test given to him. When the Eagles signed Michael Vick after he was released from prison all those years ago, there was a genuine desire in Michael Vick to make good on his wrongs and he worked his ass off on and off the field to show how deeply apologetic he was and that he was a better man. We have yet to see that from Dorial Green Beckham.
                              Unfortunately,,,,right on pointe

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                                They gave up Dennis Kelly to take a flyer on him. I'm sorry, it's not poor football sense. Hell, just getting Kelly off the team is an upgrade, regardless of what happens with Beckham.

Comment

Working...
                                X