Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now is the time to start running the ball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would alter the way defenses play us if they would have at least 1 designed qb run in the 1st 15 plays each game.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
      I think it would alter the way defenses play us if they would have at least 1 designed qb run in the 1st 15 plays each game.
      You mean they might actually be able to stop us?

I say keep scoring and winning....if that is running, passing, walking, jumping, who cares?

Go with what works, exploit their weaknesses and execute at a high level...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

I say keep scoring and winning....if that is running, passing, walking, jumping, who cares?

So you don't think they should try to run more?

Comment

The Eagles do have a good stretch of games coming up to get the running game flowing. And we will need a solid ground attack to make it to where we want to be in the playoffs. That said, I think we're averaging over 4.5 ypc so it's not as if we have not been productive. It's just a matter of calling the run, and hopefully Andy can get back to doing that. With Simmy and Hollis starting for the Saints, it will be interesting to see how we attack them this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

Just for the sake of running more regardless of result, no...

For a diversity of attack, keeping our players sharp and keeping defenses off-balance, yes....

However, execution and results are what is most important IMO...

The Saints struggle big time vs. the pass...it would be dumb to ignore that and run just to satisfy a % mantra or a traditional myth that a team must run to win...

If we face a team that struggles mightily against the run, then sure exploit it...please, repeatedly...

Do what works best and do it at a high level...

-Andy Reid

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
              Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":afa20

For a diversity of attack, keeping our players sharp and keeping defenses off-balance, yes....

The Saints struggle big time vs. the pass...it would be dumb to ignore that and run just to satisfy a % mantra or a traditional myth that a team must run to win...

If we face a team that struggles mightily against the run, then sure exploit it...please, repeatedly...

Do what works best and do it at a high level...[/quote:afa20]I would say the Saints are better against the pass than the run. They got a pair of very good pass-rushing ends. They are definitely soft up the gut.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
                Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":a7a86

Do what works best and do it at a high level...[/quote:a7a86]

Interesting and I see your point but I think the thread is based on the assumption that we will need to run against some opponnents before it is said and done this year and we should develop the run now. Not that it is necesarrily the best pure plan of attack for the saints although it may well be. Doing what works best assumes you are capable of doing what works best but if you don't take the time to develop it as suggested then you will not be able to just turn the run game on when it's time

Comment

They can run fine....they average a good amount per run, have 7 rushing TD and are ranked 6th in the NFC in rushing attack....

There is no reason to think about anything but the game in front of us....beat that opponent and move on IMO....

We do not need to run 45% and pass 55% or run on every 3rd and short or whatever other mantras there are....

We do what helps us win and do it well IMO...

People are too stuck on cliches, formulas and what they hear from the media and other fans...there is NO formula to win....no magic ball, no rabbit foot or secret oath....

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                  X