Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Eagles the best in the NFL?

OK, now that I have your attention.

I couldn't watch the TB game live, so I had to tape it. I watched the game already knowing the outcome so I was watching to see why we lost. The first thing I noticed was how dominant our offense is and that our defense (now that Sheppard is back) is getting its form back (it will be better when Hood is back). Without those mistakes (and yes I know that they're part of the game), we would have won by 20 points.

So far how many teams have really beaten us? The closest one would be New Orleans (which we could have won), but the Giants and Tampa Bay were clearly the Eagles beating themselves.

This team has a lot of key players that are rookies or 2nd year players. The wide receivers especially! They just don't come back for the ball and drop too many passes. On defense Cole, Gaither, McDougle all made really bad judgmental errors that cost us wins. Our offense will be more dangerous when Stallworth plays.

The Eagles are a good team. A really good team. In the end you’re are judge by wins & losses only, but the only complete teams out there are the Eagles, Chicago, Carolina and San Diego (maybe Patriots). Broncos have a good enough defense to overcome their offense and the Colts have a good enough offense to overcome their defense.

Even really good teams can lose games because of mistakes or luck. There’s not one team that we’re scheduled to play that I think is better than us. The question is if we can overcome the team’s collective brain farts and win the games we’re suppose to win.

Oct. 29 Jacksonville 1 p.m
    Nov. 12 Washington 1 p.m
    Nov. 19 Tennessee 1 p.m.
    Nov. 26 @ Indy 1 p.m
    Dec. 4 Carolina 8:30 p.m.
    Dec. 10 @ Washington 1 p.m
    Dec. 17 @ Giants 1 p.m
    Dec. 25 @ Dallas 5 p.m.
    Dec. 31 Atlanta 1 p.m.

There’s no reason that we can’t win out. Yes we can loose to Carolina and maybe Dallas (ugh!), but Indy and Atlanta are frauds, & Jacksonville’s beatable. We should take the Giants, and the Redskins are a very flawed team and will be starting a QB who’s never played (though that might be more dangerous than Brunell)

Look at the Chargers season last year. They should have won most of their first 8 games and see where they ended up.

Comment

You are very generous with your evaluation. The only complete team you mentioned that didn't lose was chicago...and they didn't play this week. They would be the only ones I would even consider complete. If the chicago offense we saw on monday night turns out to be their real offense they are far being complete too.

This all means the field is wide open.

Comment

The field is wide open, and I don't think anyone, not even the big bad bears, are head and shoulders above everyone else.

If the Eagles bring the A game for 60 minutes, they would be a great team, and that is something that makes the current situation all the more frustrating.

I think they have to go at least 10-6 to make the playoffs, so they are going to have to go at least 6-3 from here on out. So, I guess through their own blunders, they have placed their backs a bit to the wall.

Maybe they need the onset of desperation to get their heads out of their asses. I'm tired of watching this team go through stretches of games where it's like certain players play like they're taking a stroll through the local zoo. I want to see them fight, and play hard for 60 minutes, without f'cking up because they can no longer afford to. Maybe that's what they need.

Comment

Green with Envy:

I am in your camp. Agree 100%.

The Super Bowl year in 2004, we had a cake schedule, and a hideously bad NFC East. There were some big wins against teams that were good at the time (GB blwoout), but also the Steelers and Patriots exposed us somewhat.

This 2006 team may have the most talent. It lacks seasoning and experience. We are running with young kids and still playing at a high level--AT TIMES. Then there will be a bad play, or a killer play. Inconsistent is what young teams are. And the 2006 team relies on a TON of 1st or 2nd year guys.

Comment

"This 2006 team may have the most talent. It lacks seasoning and experience. We are running with young kids and still playing at a high level--AT TIMES. Then there will be a bad play, or a killer play. Inconsistent is what young teams are. And the 2006 team relies on a TON of 1st or 2nd year guys. "

Damn, did I just write that?

Comment

The Eagles are not a complete team.

Do they have a shot to be very good? Sure. This is a wide open NFL season with no dominant team. But the Birds are not a complete team. They have flaws like most other teams in the NFC.

They are a team who could run the full range of possibilities - fail to make the playoffs all the way to win the Super Bowl.

Comment

The Eagles are far from a complete team. What they are is a superior offensive machine that lacks a good defense and a quality special teams.

They are young in some areas but in key area's such as QB, OT, Saftey ,middle linebacker (yes to me this is a key area), K and Punter they are not young they have guys who are in their prime or are just getting ready to exit their prime.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Excellent post, taz.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                  X