Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAFETY AND CORNER...what are we going to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFETY AND CORNER...what are we going to do?

I thought for sure Tenard Jackson from Syracuse, a corner/safety prospect with size was the last 3rd round pick. I guess maybe Fred Bennett from SC is still available at corner, and John Wendling, the safety from Wyoming is still out there. We may have to package both 5th's and Moats to move up and get Tenard Jackson...or at least package something to get any corner/safety that can help....

How concened are you about the corner/safety situation and any prospects come to mind?

I'm concerned because I'm not a believer in Sean Considine. But at this point that's what we'll be going with next year. I'm sure tomorrow they'll draft a corner or safety to develop, but I wanted a guy with a high floor and a high ceiling a la Merriweather, that could start now and take over for Dawkins later. That'll have to wait now.

Comment

I am not at all concerned about CB right now and only slightly concerned about Safety.

Apparently, the Eagles did not like the options given them. Washington kind of scares me with Landry. That guy is going to be a stud.

Comment

The two you mention have been connected with the Eagles from various media outlets, but who knows...we will have to see what happens tomorrow...I am sure there are quality guys we do not even know about too...

I think the Eagles clearly were interested in Nelson, Meriweather and Griffin not to mention Ross who I think was the real target...

I also think they were considering Rouse, but in all cases they got snagged before they picked and I assume the price was high to move up as it was all day...

We also have all the UDFA and vets cuts to consider too...
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
          I am not at all concerned about CB right now and only slightly concerned about Safety.

Apparently, the Eagles did not like the options given them. Washington kind of scares me with Landry. That guy is going to be a stud.
          They have a weak DL IMO...good secondary, but its going to be hard when the QB has 3 hours to pick you apart or the RB is in the second level every play...

Lot of money invested in safety too...too much IMO.
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I still want a bigger corner/safety to matchup with Plaxico, or he will continue to give us fits..

Comment

The Eagles over the years have been pretty good at getting corners and safeties late in the draft and in undrafted free agents. Lets not forget they could also bring in a street free agent like Joselio Hanson was last year or even a free agent or two. Right now the way the draft fell to them there really was not a corner or safety they liked when they drafted.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
              X