By Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By Position

First up is QB. Wentz is the guy and Wentz is here to stay. I really don't want to see McCown back as anything more than a QB quality control coach or some such thing. Sudfeld- I like him and would really like to see him as backup. My guess is he is tired of playing the Eagles song and will want to look at teams in FA. Although if I were him I would look at Wentz injury history and stay in Philly. Then there is Lauletta (sp?) who is on the PS and has some experience. He is a very good 3 in my mind. Last thought-- Doug likes a vet; I won't be surprised to see a wrench thrown in if someone Doug likes gets cut. (oh no don't say Eli--j/k)
    My guess..... Wentz in, Sudfeld moves on, Lauletta is #2, and they swipe someone from some team's cuts for #3.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    First up is QB. Wentz is the guy and Wentz is here to stay. I really don't want to see McCown back as anything more than a QB quality control coach or some such thing. Sudfeld- I like him and would really like to see him as backup. My guess is he is tired of playing the Eagles song and will want to look at teams in FA. Although if I were him I would look at Wentz injury history and stay in Philly. Then there is Lauletta (sp?) who is on the PS and has some experience. He is a very good 3 in my mind. Last thought-- Doug likes a vet; I won't be surprised to see a wrench thrown in if someone Doug likes gets cut. (oh no don't say Eli--j/k)
    My guess..... Wentz in, Sudfeld moves on, Lauletta is #2, and they swipe someone from some team's cuts for #3.
    My God ND, where the heck do you think Sudfeld is going? Why does everybody give a guy nobody outside of Philly has ever heard of such a high value? Why would he sign someplace else anyway? He knows that he's a career backup.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

There is no market for Sudfeld other than as a back up. There is a flood of free agent QBs coming.
      Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I see both sides of the Sudfeld argument.

I'd have no issue resigning him but he is going to cost you $4-$5 million a year for maybe a 2-3 year deal.

If you let him walk can you draft a young QB with some movement ability. Khalil Tate from Arizona comes to mind. Jalen Hurt also is going to be a mid-round draftable guy.

You can't take a QB in the first 3 rounds or so because you have other spots you need to fill but if you are going to let Sudfeld walk you need somebody behind him. And that person is NOT on the current roster.

I honestly wonder what would happen if the Jags decide to cut Foles. They might. I think the Eagles would be the first team in line to sign him at a hometown discount. The guy is rich now. I'd think he'd want to be someplace where he would be valued.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I have a hard time thinking Doug will put the kind of pressure Wentz would get with bringing Foles back to Philly. I think they've moved on.

As for Sudfeld, if they keep him I think it's because they feel he can step in during injury and move the offense. This many years in, I think that's reasonable. Then again, someone like a Mariota or Andy Dalton might want a shot here and I could see the enticement to bring them in. I think at the end of the day, Sudfeld is our back-up next year.

Comment

QB is another area that does not require a lot of resources. Hell let's find a way to bring Nick back... LOL

Comment

They will add a veteran this off season as a backup. Case Keenum is a name that I have heard and it makes some sense.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Keenum makes sense. Interesting to see what happens with Mariota. I still think they draft a developmental guy. McCown joins coaching staff (i hope)

Comment

I'm with MD. I will not be surprised if Foles is cut outright.
                  Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                    Keenum makes sense. Interesting to see what happens with Mariota. I still think they draft a developmental guy. McCown joins coaching staff (i hope)
                    I think Keenum would thrive in this offense.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

However they play it I hope they don't use a draft pick on one. There is plenty of options without using a draft pick. Use whatever low pick to move up for someone
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

If he is BPA and a RB I am all for it. There is nothing wrong with having extra talent. However I want to see an emphasis on D.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                          I'm with MD. I will not be surprised if Foles is cut outright.
                          He signed a $75million guaranteed contract. I think that they are screwed no matter what they do unless they hire an OC that is smart enough to play to his strengths and they go to the Super Bowl.

Comment

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-ronald-darby

Comment

There are a lot of moving parts here. The pressure is on Roseman to make sense of it all and do what’s right for the Eagles. During his 2019 season postmortem presser, Roseman admitted that “one of my weaknesses is getting attached to our players.” His weakness will be tested when it comes to deciding who should stay and who should go.

I'd change that weakness to "one of the guys I drafted."

Comment

Working...
                              X