Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jags Parting Ways with DeFillippo. Of Any Interest To Philly Faithful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jags Parting Ways with DeFillippo. Of Any Interest To Philly Faithful?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/202...ohn-defilippo/

Per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the Jags decided to move on from DeFilippo Monday morning, leaving another vacancy on the coaching staff.
    BGN's take:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ball-rumors-qb

This news is obviously relevant to the Philadelphia Eagles since they have an offensive coordinator vacancy. Could Flip be the answer?!
    It’s definitely worth consideration. Flip did a great job in his last year as the Eagles’ quarterbacks coach in 2017; Carson Wentz was playing at an MVP caliber level and Nick Foles won Super Bowl MVP.

But Flip’s shine has worn off since then. He was fired after just 13 games as the Minnesota Vikings’ offensive coordinator in 2018. Now he’s out of a job again after spending just one year with the Jags.

Even if the Eagles do want Flip back, it remains to be seen if he wants to return. He knows he’ll never be calling plays in Philly since Doug Pederson handles those duties. But returning to Philly and having success with the Eagles could rehab his image after two straight dismissals.

The ideal situation could be for the Eagles to fire quarterbacks coach Press Taylor — who some believe has too much of a peer relationship with Wentz — and replace him with Flip. Flip was known for not being shy to challenge Wentz. But I don’t think this scenario is likely as I believe Taylor will remain in his current position.
    The guess here is that the Eagles go in a different direction than hiring Flip as OC.

The Eagles might not be as eager to bring Flip back as one would imagine them to be. The team seemingly didn’t make a strong effort to bring him back after the Vikings fired him.

This one is really interesting TP. Doug does have to at least consider him I would think. That would be pretty cool.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I would rather A) Duce gets the job or B) an outside eye comes in
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yes DiFillippo makes a ton of sense. In fact he makes the most sense out of anyone out there. They already have a working relationship with him.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

My preference is Flip as QB coach and Caldwell as OC. Or Flip as OCV and caldwell as QB coach. The two of them seems a good compliment of fire and ice for Wentz

Comment

All that I know is that Carson played his best football when Flip was here so I'd like him back here in some capacity.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Rotoworld:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...dlines/9492856

The Jaguars tried to soften it by calling DeFilippo's sudden departure a "mutual" parting of ways, though we know what it really was.

DeFilippo's ouster comes as a relative surprise after he coaxed a surprisingly productive season out of unheralded sixth-round rookie Gardner Minshew. This continues DeFilippo's ongoing fall from grace as the 41-year-old has quickly gone from an up-and-comer with head-coaching aspirations to a maligned journeyman headed for his sixth team in seven seasons.

DeFilippo's firing can be at least partially attributed to job preservation on the part of Doug Marrone, who is well aware that another failure in 2020 would assuredly spell the end of his Jaguars tenure.

Related: Jacksonville Jaguars
              Source: Jacksonville Jaguars on Twitter
              Jan 13, 2020, 11:02 AM ET

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                My preference is Flip as QB coach and Caldwell as OC. Or Flip as OCV and caldwell as QB coach. The two of them seems a good compliment of fire and ice for Wentz
                That's an interesting thought. I like the idea of Caldwell. I'm not sure about Flip, re: whether he even wants to come back. I wouldn't be surprised if he did in some capacity though.

Comment

Working...
                X