X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds Sign LB and S

S Will Parks and LB Jatavis Brown.
    This is all I know right now
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Sounds like another injury-prone 1 year try out --- not impressed with Brown deal. OR he is just ST's fodder!!

Comment

Parks is another --- EHH, sort of fodder deal.

Comment

If you look at Brown's chart you can see that he can really run.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...rgers-football
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          If you look at Brown's chart you can see that he can really run.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...rgers-football
          Running and playing good football are not necessarily the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Running and playing good football are not necessarily the same things.
            Very true but Diego had a very good defense last year so maybe the guy is decent'

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Very true but Diego had a very good defense last year so maybe the guy is decent'
              Think he only started 7 last year......... was playing ST’s most games.

Comment

Think he only started 7 last year......... was playing ST’s most games.
                I hope this isn't true but it kind of reminds me of when the Weasel plucked Simmy off of Atlanta's bench to start at MLB for us because he knew more about him than Atlanta did.

Comment

MD I don't get not liking these deals. Both were lower dollar deals. (Brown got vet minimum and Parks slightly above that) They add competition to each of the positions. They both can play special teams. Each can easily be cut without much of a cap hit at all. There is no downside to either deal. Parks is 25 and Brown just turned 26. So they are young and here is the other thing they both can run. They add more speed to our special teams

I look at is as Brown replaces Kamu as a special teams player and if he proves himself maybe he can crack the lineup on the defense.
                  Parks has the same skillset (all be it not at the same level) as Jenkins had. Worst case he is a core special teams player, best case he is starting along side McCloud.

I expect a few more deals like this to happen. Nothing wrong with these.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Depth and versatility in Schwartz's defense. ST players. Rising younger players at a reasonable cost who might or might not exceed the modest expectations placed on them. If they don't pan out, they can be let go without too much damage. No downside IMO.

MD can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's that he necessarily dislikes the deals. What I think he's saying is "Meh...until they prove themselves".

Comment

1.6 million for Parks and 600k for Brown , both were reasonably productive when starting, both played a good bit of special teams and both can run. Not glamorous signings, but solid depth deals. We were old and slow, we got younger and quicker, time will tell if we got better
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                        Depth and versatility in Schwartz's defense. ST players. Rising younger players at a reasonable cost who might or might not exceed the modest expectations placed on them. If they don't pan out, they can be let go without too much damage. No downside IMO.

MD can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's that he necessarily dislikes the deals. What I think he's saying is "Meh...until they prove themselves".
                        Thanks TP. Taz you are rewriting my thoughts there bud. Just said they are what they are--- blah deals. Not bad, Not great, but nothing to make me run out and buy season tix.

Comment

Thanks TP. Taz you are rewriting my thoughts there bud. Just said they are what they are--- blah deals. Not bad, Not great, but nothing to make me run out and buy season tix.
                          better save your money, Gov Wolf just said schools will be closed another 2 weeks. No telling how long we will be out of work

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            better save your money, Gov Wolf just said schools will be closed another 2 weeks. No telling how long we will be out of work
                            Don't want to pile on-- but it is one of the perks of being retired. I'm always out of work and my checks always come in--- the downside of course is I'm getting pretty close to dying... so there is that!

Comment

Working...
                            X