CB Robey-Coleman Signing with Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Robey-Coleman Signing with Eagles

Born for the nickel...uh, Nickell back- https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-with-eagles/

The Eagles have added another cornerback to their secondary.

Nickell Robey-Coleman told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he has agreed to a one-year deal in Philadelphia. He became a free agent this month when the Rams declined to exercise their option on his contract for the 2020 season.

Robey-Coleman joins Darius Slay as new additions to the Eagles cornerback group. Robey-Coleman’s former Bills teammate Ronald Darby, who started 11 games for the Eagles last season, remains a free agent.

Robey-Coleman spent the last three seasons with the Rams and saw much of his time playing in the slot. He had 122 tackles, three interceptions, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery while playing for Los Angeles.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...dlines/9615046

Eagles signed CB Nickell Robey-Coleman, formerly of the Rams.
    This another big get for the Eagles' secondary. After acquiring stud boundary corner Darius Slay from the Lions, Philly now adds slot man Robey-Coleman, who was Pro Football Focus' No. 19 cover corner out of 128 qualifiers last season. Robey-Coleman is tiny at 5'8/180, but he uses every bit of his size and plays really strong run defense on the inside on top of his cover skills. The Eagles' back end has gotten much stronger with the additions of Slay and NRC.

Comment

He is a pretty good player. A really good slot. We are starting to get some really good depth in the DB position. We still need a starter on the other side of Slay. I don't think Maddox can do it, but maybe Mills goes back there or maybe LeBlanc who I think may be able to handle the outside.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Could this mean Sidney Jones is on the way out the door because he has more trade value than Rasul? Seems like the same player.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I hope they aren't giving up on Jones, he seemed to play well end of season
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

they now have good depth everywhere but LB and WR. This draft is setting up nicely
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yea, they certainly can take a corner at 21 if the top guy is there but I still believe they will go WR since it is easier to transition into the NFL in the first year.
              I am still a believer they will jettison Jeffrey but there is no reason they shouldn't hold him until the draft is over (and then some really). If they don't get what they want in the draft for receivers they can keep him, although unlikely IMM. But having him on roster allows them to grab whoever in round one-- LB or S (both unlikely in round one I would think); WR or CB; DL or OL
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Yea, they certainly can take a corner at 21 if the top guy is there but I still believe they will go WR since it is easier to transition into the NFL in the first year.
                I am still a believer they will jettison Jeffrey but there is no reason they shouldn't hold him until the draft is over (and then some really). If they don't get what they want in the draft for receivers they can keep him, although unlikely IMM. But having him on roster allows them to grab whoever in round one-- LB or S (both unlikely in round one I would think); WR or CB; DL or OL
                In addition to LB and WR which I agree with they need depth at offensive tackle/Center, They need a third TE, they need a 3rd RB, they need safety depth. I still think they need an outside corner.

As far as the first round goes, I wouldn't be shocked to see them take a defensive end if one is there. Of course if Lamb or Jeudy get into striking distance I see them trading up for those. I don't think they trade up for Ruggs.
                I am thinking it goes something like this in the draft (BTW this isn't necessarily how I would go)

First round
                1. DE - If value is there. A Chaison or even Lewis could interest them
                2.CB - If neither Chaison or Lewis is there I can see them going Fulton
                3. WR - Either Lamb or Jeudy are there in that 15-16 range I see them dealing up that becomes number 1. If not Jefferson may interest them but not before a DE or CB
                4. S - Delpit would be a great pick, so would McKinnley
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

You might as well go bpa with that list of needs taz. I'm a firm believer in Maddox and Leblanc. The biggest problem in the secondary has been injuries. The starters have to have continuity to be effective. I think the biggest problem is who is going to fill Jenkins spot? Most of his snaps were at linebacker last year and that was their base defense. Mills seems to me to be the best fit there.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    You might as well go bpa with that list of needs taz. I'm a firm believer in Maddox and Leblanc. The biggest problem in the secondary has been injuries. The starters have to have continuity to be effective. I think the biggest problem is who is going to fill Jenkins spot? Most of his snaps were at linebacker last year and that was their base defense. Mills seems to me to be the best fit there.
                    Parks and perhaps Brown will be a hybrid LB/S

Comment

Working...
                    X