Cowboys With TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys With TO

I have a question. The more I hear about anaylsts saying the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders with TO I have to question why they are saying that. By that I mean why don't I ever hear that TO will destroy the Cowboys like I heard when TO joined the Eagles in his first year? IMO I don't think TO will act like a jerk and will behave himself. I just want to know why no alleged expert is saying that TO will be a huge jerk like we heard when he joined the Eagles?

I guess because Parcells is there, and people see him as able to deal with malcontents.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Dallas = Media Slobbering
      Philadelphia = Media Hatred

Think of the Cowboys as the Democrats and the Eagles as the Republicans. Then turn on CNN. It's eerily similar.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

So true, BP. And I think that this banana emoticon is one of the greatest things ever!
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

The best part was when the Cowboys were praised for signing TO to a deal that was 'basically three one-year contracts'. Um, wasn't that exactly what started the ****storm last year?

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
            The best part was when the Cowboys were praised for signing TO to a deal that was 'basically three one-year contracts'. Um, wasn't that exactly what started the ****storm last year?
            * Yeah imagine if he gets hurt and rumors swirl they won't keep him after 2006 season? He'll become nuclear!!!
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

There are thousands of "what if's" when it comes to TO and blowing his top. Watching him is like watching Reggie Jackson at bat in a world series. You KNOW what is going to happen. You get excited about it even before it happens. And when it happens, you go crazy with excitement since you KNEW it would happen. That's how I feel right now.....I'm watching Reggie in the on deck circle.

Or should I have used Reggie and Billy's conversations as an example?
              Pedro

Comment

Re: Cowboys With TO

Originally posted by L-Money
                I have a question. The more I hear about anaylsts saying the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders with TO I have to question why they are saying that. By that I mean why don't I ever hear that TO will destroy the Cowboys like I heard when TO joined the Eagles in his first year? IMO I don't think TO will act like a jerk and will behave himself. I just want to know why no alleged expert is saying that TO will be a huge jerk like we heard when he joined the Eagles?
                TO is more of a known quantity now and actually I hear many "experts" say it remains to be seen regarding TO's co-existance with parcells but at this point everyone pretty much thinks TO can be counted on for at least one honeymoon season after that it's a crap shoot.

Comment

Parcells gets extra credibility as head coach for his 2 SB wins with the Jints...so the media is going to cut him slack and assume that he can handle you-know-who.

Plus, the media's had a thing for Dallas for a long, long time. Heck, I have to give them credit for creating a "clean" image, even if it's phony. They try to come across as the anti-Raiders...they wear the white uniforms at home, their logo tells you point-blank that they're the "stars" of the NFL show, they had a player nicknamed Hollywood, etc. By now everyone understands that it's hype, and players have even started lampoon it, like when Me-O stood on the midfield star, Buddy Ryan called the fake kneel-down play, the Fun Bunch celebrated in their endzone even when two Dallas players ran over to stop them, they've had those drug scandals, they had to win a Super Bowl despite the burden of having a buffoon as a coach (Barry Switzer), etc.

Other teams have almost as many SB wins, and are better liked by fans NFL wide, but other teams don't carry as much tabloid hype. But it's always good for ESPN though. That's what it's really about.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

It's not just media bias... people actually learn. And what they learned is that TO doesn't make a stink in his first year. He has a contract he likes, he's ready to "prove himself" and everything is hunky dory.

That's why you don't hear about him blowing up the Dallas team. It's not a story yet. The fact is that he did help the Eagles get to the Super Bowl in his first year here. You can't ignore that.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                      It's not just media bias... people actually learn. And what they learned is that TO doesn't make a stink in his first year. He has a contract he likes, he's ready to "prove himself" and everything is hunky dory.

That's why you don't hear about him blowing up the Dallas team. It's not a story yet. The fact is that he did help the Eagles get to the Super Bowl in his first year here. You can't ignore that.
                      Yeah, but the thing is - TO was a steady stream of minor headaches his first year. He was no angel. He didn't rip the team apart, but keep in mind the team went 7-0 and 13-1 - in other words, everything broke perfectly to keep him happy. People are underestimating TO big time with the whole 'he'll behave in his first year' thing. The Eagles were a Superbowl team without TO in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK

The Eagles were a Superbowl team without TO in 2004.
                        Ahhh this is the great debate. I don't think they are. THey were not a SB team in 2003. They were not a SB team in 2005.

For all of TO's antics, he brought a swagger to the Eagles team in 2004 that just wasn't there before. Sure, we won the AFCCG without TO but he did infuse an attitude to our WRs that helped us get over that hump. That team felt that the SB was their destiny -- TO had a lot to do with that.

People can diss TO all they want but I know that TO was the best player on our team that season. He is the enemy now but I will never forget his contribution to that Eagles team and his performance in the SB.

Comment

The only difference the media really sees is Parcells. The man is infallible to the New York-centric national media.

Comment

Eagles needed the acquisition of Owens and what he brought to the team in 2004 to make the Super Bowl. Playoffs or not.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I think without TO we are still burdened with losing 3 NFCCs in a row. With TO, I think everyone thought we were a different team capable of the next step.

I am of the thought that we don't have that season in its entirety without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X