No announcement yet.

Sports Weekly: "No Hang-Ups About Receivers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley Lelie has had 5 40yards+ receptions in three straight years. He only had TD last year but in 2004, he had 7 TDS compared to Pinky's 1.

I'll take Lelie over Pinkston and yet most people here wouldn't even want Lelie.

Comment

Because he always falls down when he catches it.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'd take Lelie. He wouldn't be the 1 that he wants to be but he could help this team.

BTW Lelie only had 1 TD in 2005, he had 7 in 2004 and 2 ea in '02 & '03.
        His numbers are VERY similar to Pinky's from 2002 to present.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
          Because he always falls down when he catches it.
          Well... yeah.. I just figured you would think he'd fall into the end zone every now and then while he was at it.

Comment

Actually IMHO many of those deep balls would have resulted in TD's had the PI not occurred.

I concur, Pinky is fine as a deep threat and #2/#3 WR, Lelie is nothing more IMO.

I would love Lelie,,,,,,, but not just as a Pinky replacement.

Pinky and DM have worked together for several years and since, IMO, Lelie isn't any big upgrade, I like the idea of the chemistry and familiarity, assuming Pinky is healthy.

Comment

The thing is that if Lelie hadn't decided to go turd over his position, it might have been in the Eagles' interest to try and swing a deal for him. There's certainly no reason he couldn't compete for any of the WR slots. We don't have a true number one established, and competition is a good thing, right?

I'd probably take him over Pinkston, but I don't think there's much difference there, but given his current attitude, and the fact that he's not much better than Pinkston, I don't see the Eagles showing any interest.

Comment

I think the only difference is that Lelie could get better but Pinkston is what he is.

Comment

Pinkston stinks.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Heck, it's not like we're exactly loaded at WR anyways. We could probably use the help. LOL, they probably think he's worth a first day draft pick, or something totally stupid like that, plus he's acting like a turd.

Comment

Hank Baskett baby!
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Maybe we should call THIS guy?
                        http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... p?id=24167
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                        X