No announcement yet.

Brian Dawkins retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying I'm thrilled letting him go but I understand it is a business. Just like I hate to see a player hold the team hostage or leave because it is a business. Don't like it but understand it and when they do leave I have to live with the fact they are no longer Eagles and I love Eagles.
    As for the thinking yea I believe there are times when **** happens and you have to go into the draft with a big need but if you have a choice you want the replacement on the roster before letting him go. And it would enter into my mind when I was deciding what to pay him.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I was flipping mad when Joe shove Dawkins out of Nova Care. I'm glad he had two good years in Denver and a big F U to Joe and Andy.

I still proudly wear my #20 and hope he gets into the HOF. I'll have to think about it, but he's got to be among the top 5 Eagles of all time.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Novacare today
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
          I was flipping mad when Joe shove Dawkins out of Nova Care. I'm glad he had two good years in Denver and a big F U to Joe and Andy.

I still proudly wear my #20 and hope he gets into the HOF. I'll have to think about it, but he's got to be among the top 5 Eagles of all time.

I feel the same way. It's the only Eagles jersey I own.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
            Why not? Isn't that the Eagles stated MO, to always think a year or so ahead and have replacements lined up? That's the whole story of the Sheldon-Lito-Lewis draft, or Kevin Kolb, or any number of other players.

That's what good organizations do.
            Planing ahead by bringing in younger guys to replace older guys before they turn sour is the strategy and, at times, they've implemented that sound strategy effectively. All too often, however, the strategy has failed miserably because the implementation was based on almost childish wishful or overly optimistic thinking rather than an objective assessment of the players that were counted on to replace the older players.

It is this undue optimism that reads something like 'this plan will work because we're very smart and we want it to work' that IMO has been the single biggest reason the trophy case has remained empty during the Lurie Reid era.

Comment

Working...
            X