No announcement yet.

observations from Eagles-Giants game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tate seemed to be a little bit more involved in the offense this week than last. I was a little put off by his alligator arms on that one swing pass to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      [B]

The "New Norm" that Doug promised has to come true. If it doesn't all the credibility is lost and makes us an also ran when it comes to free agents and even keep our own. We have to continue to make this a desirable place to play.
      I don't know about this. I mean Jeffrey Lurie mistakenly said the Eagles were the "Gold Standard" and the Eagles were still a desirable place to play.

Look its really hard to repeat in this league. That is why it doesn't happen much. So much has to go right, the team that is out there right now is not the team from last year, never was. Salary Cap, Coaching loses, injuries, league catching up to our schemes and our coaching is slow to react etc. all have come together at once to make this a below .500 team. Does that make this team less desirable I don't think so.

This team will regroup in the offseason. There will be coaching changes, personnel changes etc. I have faith in Howie, Doug and company to get this fixed. Remember, we lost Deflippo and Reich after all of the good talent was already scooped up by the lesser teams. That is part of winning a super bowl. Doug will have better coaching talent to choose from when he makes those offseason changes. The Eagles have 3 picks in the top 50 of the draft right now and they will have money to get younger in key positions like Offensive line, and defensive line. They need more team speed and that usually comes with youth.
      I am not down on this team at all. Did I expect them to be 5-6 at this point NO, I figured they would be 6-5 on their way to 10-6 this year. They won't be 10-6, realistically 8-8 is where they will most likely will land, Disappointing yes, loss of credibility I don' t think so.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        I don't know about this. I mean Jeffrey Lurie mistakenly said the Eagles were the "Gold Standard" and the Eagles were still a desirable place to play.

Look its really hard to repeat in this league. That is why it doesn't happen much. So much has to go right, the team that is out there right now is not the team from last year, never was. Salary Cap, Coaching loses, injuries, league catching up to our schemes and our coaching is slow to react etc. all have come together at once to make this a below .500 team. Does that make this team less desirable I don't think so.

This team will regroup in the offseason. There will be coaching changes, personnel changes etc. I have faith in Howie, Doug and company to get this fixed. Remember, we lost Deflippo and Reich after all of the good talent was already scooped up by the lesser teams. That is part of winning a super bowl. Doug will have better coaching talent to choose from when he makes those offseason changes. The Eagles have 3 picks in the top 50 of the draft right now and they will have money to get younger in key positions like Offensive line, and defensive line. They need more team speed and that usually comes with youth.
        I am not down on this team at all. Did I expect them to be 5-6 at this point NO, I figured they would be 6-5 on their way to 10-6 this year. They won't be 10-6, realistically 8-8 is where they will most likely will land, Disappointing yes, loss of credibility I don' t think so.
        Totally agree. And, they have Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Really, your gonna bug me with an auto correct?
          Yeah you big pain in the ass!! When I read it I was thinking that you were talking about the Eagles and I'm thinking who the hell is Barker because I have never heard of him before LOL. Duh, now I get it.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

I don't think our FAs came here for this kind of season whether you agree with it or not. Many of them said that they took less money to come here and win. I don't think that it is a stretch at all to expect this team to be a perennial contender and make the playoffs almost every year like Pittsburg does.

Comment

They aren't the gold standard yet but players generally like to play in Philly--if you aren't named Nnamdi. If you play in Philly and give it your best effort you are revered. Players like that. And the team has put out good teams; not always but since 2000 they are regarded as a good team. And the team has stood by a lot of players like Peters and Sproles; maybe stood by a little too long. Anyway, they have some young talent but we all realize they have a lot of holes. This will be an important off season for Howie and for Doug not to mention their staffs.
              As for Tate....I'm not convinced. I just don't see his role and Agholor's role gelling. They need an outside speed guy to go along with Jeffrey and one of the two of them. I'm not sure Hollins is going to give them that and it is obvious Gibson isn't.
              I also think the birds could probably live with Adams/Clement/someone in the backfield if they had a speed guy on the outside to stretch the D. This has been discussed since the days of Pinky (all he does is provide speed) and we have only had it a few years. Not saying a top notch back wouldn't be appreciated but I think I would be more inclined to work on both lines and the D backfield if they had a speedy WR
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Speed was what we were to get from Wallace. At this point it’s kind of hard remembering he was even on the team. Injuries sure hit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  Speed was what we were to get from Wallace. At this point it’s kind of hard remembering he was even on the team. Injuries sure hit hard.
                  That's very true Ross and Sproles along with him. Give him the open space that Clement had and he's in the endzone on that play.

Comment

Working...
                  X