Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allrighty. Lets regroup, and let the healing begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allrighty. Lets regroup, and let the healing begin.

We've lost. Cannot be undone, lets move on.

We absolutely need to beat the teams that come to us until the Cowboys. If that game wasn't a must win, now it becomes one. We need to go undefeated until our bye week if we want to contend. We also need to beat Tampa at Tampa (which is doable).

How do we do that?

Doing what we did yesterday for three quarters. Dominate the lines. Kearse's loss is BIG if it's long term or for the season (which if it's not, I wouldn't put him on the IR just yet). But the line has depth, and if there's one thing we were proud was our depth. McDougle and Juqua Thomas need to step in and make plays. Then you have Howard and Cole on the right side, which should be enough.

The Secondary needs to regroup. Losing Hood for a long period of time, added to Lito's health sucks. That implies, that, Wynn, who did a good job yesterday, will return punts and kicks. Mahe is done. I don't care what or how Reid thinks of him, Mahe needs to go, and we need to get either Strickland or anyone we can find. Hanson isn't a starting corner, by any means.

Get the offense going by doign what they did yesterday. Get in shootouts if anything. The early schedule did us a favor, we need to take every advantage of it.

And now, the Giants game in New York will have a meaning

Nothing is done. The team does have the players and the leaders to overcome such a loss, and they will do that.
    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Yeah right. I didn't see the game, but blowing a 17-point lead in the 4th period after dominating three periods tells me plenty. Dammit, they're SMARTER than that, they're better than that!!

All right, I feel better now. They'll miss Lito and Hood for sure. I hope they figure out good ways to compensate for that (maybe have a serious ball control offense to take the pressure off the D?). I'm worried about Kearse's injury, but I think our DL depth is really good, so I hope that won't affect them as much........
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

When I hear the players lose a night of sleep like I did last night then I will think about letting the healing begin. As of right now I am really upset at this team. I can't even imagine them winning another game this year.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Well then, you'll like Trot's response here,taz:

On whether it's up to the leaders to make sure the younger guys shake off this loss quickly: "I'm not going to say anything until Wednesday, because I want those guys to feel this way for a couple of days.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Healing? WTF is this, some sort of new-age sissy boy empowerment bullcrap?

I don't need any friggin' healing. I need our team to WIN. I need our team to kick the other team when their down. I need them to show the killer instinct that we all know they have.

This is a scar that I want to be reminded of for the rest of the season. This is a loss that I'm not about to begin to forgive. This should be the chip that this team carries on their shoulder for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            Well then, you'll like Trot's response here,taz:

On whether it's up to the leaders to make sure the younger guys shake off this loss quickly: "I'm not going to say anything until Wednesday, because I want those guys to feel this way for a couple of days.
            Feel what way Trot?
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

yeah, f the healing business.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Back in '03 we started what, 0-2?

The first loss came to Tampa. The revenge factor, the first game at the Linc, the team sucked and we lost.

The second loss came to the Pats. The Eagles sucked both games, McNabb was playing like Eli was playing yesterday in the first half.

Remember those calls for Feeley to start over Donovan?

Remember that Reid and JJ were questioned by everyone?

What happened?

We put together a nice season, went to the NFCCG which we should hve won hadn't it been for Emmons, Westy and Donovan getting injured, and maybe, just maybe, we'd be SB Champs.

The Steelers didn't look like world beaters when the season started last year.

The Colts look like World Beaters every year.

There are ups, and there are downs.

This team knows about the downs, and will soon find out about the ups as well.

You can't forget the football you knew in a quarter. This team has the talent, the depth and the ability to go deep.

And they will. Mark my words. Unless all sorts of injuries happen again, this team is a playoff team.
                "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                  When I hear the players lose a night of sleep like I did last night then I will think about letting the healing begin. As of right now I am really upset at this team. I can't even imagine them winning another game this year.
                  I am right there with you. I would drift off to sleep, wake up and realize this whole thing was not a bad dream.

Every time this happens, I wonder why I have been doing this to myself for 35 years.

This loss hurts really, really bad. And, the fact that our awesome defensive line lost probably it's best player makes things all the worse.

There will be brighter days. But, I plan on mourning for quite a while yet over this one. There is not question, that last quarter was a turning point in the NFC East.

Comment

The most painful part is we know we should be on cloud 9 this morning. For 3 quarters yesterday I felt like this team was unstoppable. It looked like they were playing a practice squad. The giants did nothing for 3 quarters. The protection McNabb received was textbook. The Dline was textbook. They did everything you would ask from them and more...

then out of nowhere the giants chopped them down one swing at a time. that is the hardest part for me...they owned them and then were owned.

i would have felt better if they lost a close one throughout. I would have felt better if they were man handled. those things are explainable. this abomination has no explaination.

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word
                      The most painful part is we know we should be on cloud 9 this morning. For 3 quarters yesterday I felt like this team was unstoppable. It looked like they were playing a practice squad. The giants did nothing for 3 quarters. The protection McNabb received was textbook. The Dline was textbook. They did everything you would ask from them and more...

then out of nowhere the giants chopped them down one swing at a time. that is the hardest part for me...they owned them and then were owned.

i would have felt better if they lost a close one throughout. I would have felt better if they were man handled. those things are explainable. this abomination has no explaination.

see, i dont think so. i dont think the giants chopped them down.

i'm usually lining up on the side of giving the other team credit, rather than being in the camp of those who would account for everything bad happening to their team because of something in their team's control.

but the giants showed me nothing yesterday for three quarters. they were pathetic. they wanted to get the hell out of dodge and lick their wounds. they had given up completely.

they didnt roar back. they simply finally agreed to accept this gift the eagles kept insisting they keep. credit to them for finally stepping up and making a few plays, and their defense did stack the line and cause a few problems. but this one is all on the eagles.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

and i think that is my point...you cannot explain this lose due to the normal eb and flow of a football game. the eagles lost more than that game yesterday.

Comment

[quote=Leonard Tose]
                          Originally posted by "bird is da word":e77dc

see, i dont think so. i dont think the giants chopped them down.

i'm usually lining up on the side of giving the other team credit, rather than being in the camp of those who would account for everything bad happening to their team because of something in their team's control.

but the giants showed me nothing yesterday for three quarters. they were pathetic. they wanted to get the hell out of dodge and lick their wounds. they had given up completely.

they didnt roar back. they simply finally agreed to accept this gift the eagles kept insisting they keep. credit to them for finally stepping up and making a few plays, and their defense did stack the line and cause a few problems. but this one is all on the eagles.[/quote:e77dc]

Monumental collapse by us on both sides of the ball late in the game but the giants did step up defensively, you have to give them credit where credit is due, a fumble and a couple of dropped passes helped their cause but they got our offense off the feild. This reminds me of last year in a bad way.

Comment

Working...
                          X