Stuff on my mind.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff on my mind.....

Besides the obvious issues regarding yesterday's game, here are the things rolling around in my egg-shaped head....

1. Where is Darren Howard? Was I wrong to think he would be the absolute shnizit? Trent Cole is the one looking the like prized FA DE, not Howard, and thank goodness for Cole. Despite the PF called on him yesterday, I am very pleased with this kid. But Howard?? Bueller????

2. Anyone notice that Reggie Brown has been nearly invisible? I know he got that TD yesterday, but that was extremely fortunate that the Gints DB misplayed it, as Brown certainy didn't have him beat. I'm glad we didn't end up relying on him to be our #1 WR threat. Hello Donte.

3. After devising this great concept of using our OL as a FB for crucial short yardage situations, why didn't we try that yesterday when we desperately needed less that a friggin yard?

4.Does Bobby Taylor have a comeback in him???

5. Wanna know how bad our corners are? Consider that we sacked Manning 8 times yesterday and our DL had him looking like a punch drunk pigeon sitting on a weathervane in a Kansas tornado...and he still passes for 70 percent and how many yards???????

6. I thought Shawn Barber played a pretty decent game yesterday.

7. Bucky, at his new weight, is NOT the big back option I was hoping for.

8. Why is Moats not getting on the field? I mean, no, he's not a big back either, but am I missing something here? I honestly didn't think that Tapeh would be getting more rushes and passes sent his way than Moats.

I'll add more as I clear out the clutter in my brain.....
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

fresh...there are a thousand questions. a lot of them concern role players. like i said in another this would be so much easier to stomach if we blown out or lost a close one...both are explainable. this shit we saw yesterday was BAD

Comment

my question is whether howard or cole switches over to LDE if freak is done for good. or whether they go with a mcdougle/thomas combo over there for minimal disruption.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

T Cole is a stud against the pass, and Patterson had a huge game collapsing the pocket.
        The answer to 5 is 370 yards.

The front 7 play was outstanding. They played the run/ they had 8 sacks/ they hit Manning. Shockey while hurt was no factor. With the kinda pass rush we saw yesterday you would think there would be more TO's than the one lone Trotter pick. There wasn't a S or CB in site on most the pass's that actually left Manning's hands. Hell, he even threw it up for grabs in the middle of the field and completed passes.
        Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Here is my take on this

1. On Howard, the guy is playing well. Things don't always show up in the stats but he is putting pressure on the QB and most noticably teams are not running on the Eagles because he is holding his own and getting pressure allowing the linebackers to flow to the ball. ALso he was held alot yesterday. On one particular play to Shockey at the very end of regulation, he was blatantly held and it was not called otherwise he would have sacked Manning Game over

2. Fresh I know that you know football but that touchdown to Brown was exactly the way that play is drawn up, its a fly pattern where you let the corner go past and come back to the ball it was a perfectly run route and a perfect pass by McNabb. Otherwise Brown has been non existant but I think that has more to do with the play of both LJ Smith and Donte Stallworth

3. Only Reid knows this

4. No Bobby Taylor's career is over

5. Can't expect our 4th and 5th corners to cover one on one all day. Its the defensive coordinators fault for not playing to the personell he had out there

6 Barber has played well all year

7. Bucky does not have the burst to teh line he once had. Once again Reid over evaluated the position and cost us a game by not signing Steven Davis. If we had Davis we would have won that game yesterday

8.Moats is a bust. He can't block so he can't get on the field. They shoudl have taken Marion Barber.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Howard has been disappointing IMO. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations for him thinking he would have more sacks but as taz said, he is playing well against the run.

Brown just needs time to get his feet under him. He is better than he has shown but I never bought into the hype that this guy was a future stud. He needs to show more before we can make that claim. Thankfully the FO landed Stallworth because Brown as our #1 would have been tough on this team early in the year.

I actually thought McCoy played fairly well. He was active. But he likely is going to be a guy who looks good one week and really bad the next.

I never understood the love for Moats. I think people fell in love with his "vitals" - speed, cutting ability, etc. but never paid attention if he could actually play at an NFL level. He was dubbed as a potential "Westy" but he isn't even close. As taz said, Barber sure would have looked nice. Dallas, as long as their OL holds up which they did last night, has a very nice 1-2 punch at TB now with Jones and Barber.

Comment

Maybe Cole are other players have done well because teams are putting more emphasis on stopping other guys, like Darren Howard?
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

9. I had hoped we were over the trend of letting teams march down the field early in the first quarter (has it been the first drive both times?)) and score TDs. Does that seem vaguely familiar...to last season?
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

ive said a few times that how many of those yards passing and high pct are from jimmy johnson saying 'here's the middle of the field', partly because you could count on two hands the amount of offensive plays the eagles had in the 4th quarter.
                  Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I thought Howard was dropping down into the DT position which is allowing Cole to come off the edge. I think Howard is playing well. I just wonder what is going on with the underneath stuff the LB's were giving up. Toomer just ran 7-12 yrds and turned around.
                    I miss Philly!

Comment

Working...
                    X