Observations Eagles/Pats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles/Pats

Quite frankly this was a shit show. Losing to the Patriots is one thing but it didn't feel like they beat us, its more that beat ourselves and beat ourselves to a pulp.

1. Carson, not a very good game, but also not as bad as some make it out to be. Throwing the ball away is seems to be the favorite criticism of the day. Well ok then they will say he is not accurate. The problem is deeper than the not throwing the ball away, its why is he holding the ball. Its because nobody is getting open. The big criticism I have of Carson today is the fumble. Have to hang onto the ball there.

2. Doug was flat out terrible in play calling today. I was screaming to get Carson out of the pocket, Start to get him some quick throws, throw in some reverses, some misdirection. He never adjusted after Belechik took away the run game.

3. Hey Howie BOOO, tell me how we are down to this bunch of shit at WR. The fact is, teams are putting undrafted guys out there and they are getting open and catching the footballs. 6 more drops today. Six big drops.

4. Another game in which Nelson Agholor dropped a game winning/tying pass. That is two this year. That is two too many. He should be cut tomorrow to make an example of him that these drops have to stop.

5. The offensive line was Putrid today. The sacks are the sacks Wentz should share the blame. However, six penalties, six penalties that killed drives. You simply can't do that in a game where you know you don't have your starting WR (s) and your starting RB.

6. The defenses played well today. No doubt, but what they didn't do was give the Eagles offense any field position in the second half. The best starting spot they had was the 25 after the TD. Not good.

7. The CB on this team are just as bad as the receivers at dropping footballs. I counted 3 sure INT"s dropped but there could have been as many as 5. Here is the big thing, two of those would have stopped drives instead of resulting in six points.

8. The special teams were putrid today. We may want to look for a new Special teams coach next year. No excuse that the returners on this team don't know when the catch the ball, when to run it out etc. Too many times today Scott let the ball hit when he should have caught. Sproles was doing the same thing. Johnson not very good today on his punts.

This team needs to regroup and figure out a way to win next week. The injuries have to stop. Too many guys continue to go down. I just don't understand it. Young guys, old guys doesn't matter.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

My tv channel went out and I had to listen to the damned game on the radio. It's the first game that I didn't see since 1994. I heard Kamu's name on defense quite a bit and Reese and Quick were praising him quite a bit. It sounds like something good came out of that mess anyway.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I am SICK of watching us play shorthanded because of injuries. I hate to be a whiner. But then I see a healthy Dallas team go out every week playing other teams without their best players.

We’ve been decimated by injuries the last three seasons. One of those turned into a fluke Super Bowl. Thank God. Had we not won that Super Bowl, I’d be thinking we have to be the most Jinxed team in the NFL.

Outside of Alshon and DeSean if he’s healthy, I am ready to overhaul this entire wide receiver group. I’m done with Nelson. It’s pretty bad when we have to hire a guy on the streets to start for us at wide receiver.

Sanders is a great little change of pace back. But without Howard today, it really hurt. Where was Ajayi. I would’ve thought we signed him to get ready to play ASAP.

Hope Lane, Johnson is OK we’re going to need him.

The Seattle game is now desperation. We need everyone healthy. If they can play at all, they need to get their butts out there. The season is close to being lost.

Comment

Heard some interesting stats after the game. Carson has a 98.1 QBR with Lane Johnson at RT and a 77 without him. The Eagles were running the ball effectively before Johnson got hurt to the tune of 5 YPC. After he went out 2.6 ypc.

For all the drops, all the sailed passes etc, losing a Johnson was the death blow. Still they were a Nelson Agholor drop away from tying or winning the game at the end.

Also one other fascinating stat. Carson actually had a better yards per play than Brady.

Comment

I'd be curious about that stat by half. First half Brady had at least 14 incompletions while Wentz was something like 11 of 16 in first half. Halftime adjustments by NE offense were significant.
          I stated in game thread Wentz didn't have a good game and he had to get out of the pocket. Everyone here knows we don't have a deep threat. Ummm, so does the NFL. At that point game plan has to change to quick slants, has to change to RPOs, has to change to Wentz getting out of the pocket and running little. I know people don't want him running and getting hurt but running has always been part of his game. It is one of the things that makes him good. But the bottom line is he was standing in the pocket like a statue for most of the game.
          I'd also add that they moved quickly down the field twice. And it happened when they were trying to hurry; especially before the half. Didn't see Doug use the hurry up to stir up the offense enough.
          They just looked like they lost their way after the first quarter
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            I'd be curious about that stat by half. First half Brady had at least 14 incompletions while Wentz was something like 11 of 16 in first half. Halftime adjustments by NE offense were significant.
            I stated in game thread Wentz didn't have a good game and he had to get out of the pocket. Everyone here knows we don't have a deep threat. Ummm, so does the NFL. At that point game plan has to change to quick slants, has to change to RPOs, has to change to Wentz getting out of the pocket and running little. I know people don't want him running and getting hurt but running has always been part of his game. It is one of the things that makes him good. But the bottom line is he was standing in the pocket like a statue for most of the game.
            I'd also add that they moved quickly down the field twice. And it happened when they were trying to hurry; especially before the half. Didn't see Doug use the hurry up to stir up the offense enough.
            Very poor non decision IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post

Yes this is why my main blame for this loss was on Doug and Howie a little less on Carson (as he should shoulder a good amount of blame but not all of it like the WIP crowd thinks). Doug never adjusted to the adjustments that New England made, mainly they were attacking the A gap to both stop the run and put pressure on the QB. I am not sure if Doug tried to make an adjustment and just didn't have the horses to do it, or just didn't see it. Howie gets the blame for mis evaluating this teams receiving core coming into the year. Now we all thought they were deep and we were wrong but so was Howie. The big difference is Howie gets paid to be right. Wentz was a one legged man in an ass kicking contest yesterday. Yes he held the ball too long at times, yes he missed open receivers high at times. What makes anyone think the receivers would have caught it even if made a good throw.

The last three possessions. First one ended on a Goedert Drop that would have gave them a 1st down, 2nd one ended on an Agholor drop that would have gave them a first down. Third one ended on Agholor dropping a perfect pass that should have tied the game. Its really hard for me to put all the blame on the QB in those situations. Those two players in particular had to step up in that game and while Goedert had a TD he dropped three passes. Agholor was targeted 4 times, he had one catch, two drops and Wentz missed him. Terrible

Also was wrong on Agholor he actually had 9 targets, 4 catches for 40 yards. I totally forget about the other pass in the end zone he should have caught. Looking at it from another angle perfect throw by Wentz, Agholor had no idea where he was in the end zone
              Last edited by taz; 11-18-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Quite frankly this was a shit show. Losing to the Patriots is one thing but it didn't feel like they beat us, its more that beat ourselves and beat ourselves to a pulp.

1. Carson, not a very good game, but also not as bad as some make it out to be. Throwing the ball away is seems to be the favorite criticism of the day. Well ok then they will say he is not accurate. The problem is deeper than the not throwing the ball away, its why is he holding the ball. Its because nobody is getting open. The big criticism I have of Carson today is the fumble. Have to hang onto the ball there.

Wentz did not have a good game, and frankly I am a bit tired of watching passes sail over guys heads and almost never hitting a guy in stride, and don't get me started on holding the ball too long, and even when a guy does get open he either over throws or makes any catch much tougher than it has to be.

2. Doug was flat out terrible in play calling today. I was screaming to get Carson out of the pocket, Start to get him some quick throws, throw in some reverses, some misdirection. He never adjusted after Belechik took away the run game.

I agree poor game calling, where are some passes over 5 yards long? where was any attempt to get the Pats to move back from the line? some of this is on the O-Line--- the same O-line i have said need better depth for the last 2 years, hell Johnson goes down and Wentz has to duck for his life.

3. Hey Howie BOOO, tell me how we are down to this bunch of shit at WR. The fact is, teams are putting undrafted guys out there and they are getting open and catching the footballs. 6 more drops today. Six big drops.
                Is that him or is that Wentz just not trusting some guys and doesn't even look their way?

4. Another game in which Nelson Agholor dropped a game winning/tying pass. That is two this year. That is two too many. He should be cut tomorrow to make an example of him that these drops have to stop.
                Would have been nice but it was a tough grab the way his body was contorted. But it wasn't just one play, nothing I mean NOTHING after the 1st quarter and Belicheat made his adjustments. Let's remember that the GOAT was not on his game yesterday, hell worst I have ever seen him I think!

5. The offensive line was Putrid today. The sacks are the sacks Wentz should share the blame. However, six penalties, six penalties that killed drives. You simply can't do that in a game where you know you don't have your starting WR (s) and your starting RB.
                Been sayimng it for two years this O-Line is not as good as their press clippings make them out to be.

6. The defenses played well today. No doubt, but what they didn't do was give the Eagles offense any field position in the second half. The best starting spot they had was the 25 after the TD. Not good.

Agree on the D they played well--- as for field position--- IMM that is mostly on the O going 3 and out and never moving the ball much after the TD.

7. The CB on this team are just as bad as the receivers at dropping footballs. I counted 3 sure INT"s dropped but there could have been as many as 5. Here is the big thing, two of those would have stopped drives instead of resulting in six points.
                That is why they are DB's and not WR's

8. The special teams were putrid today. We may want to look for a new Special teams coach next year. No excuse that the returners on this team don't know when the catch the ball, when to run it out etc. Too many times today Scott let the ball hit when he should have caught. Sproles was doing the same thing. Johnson not very good today on his punts.
                ST's have gone downhill since the SB.

This team needs to regroup and figure out a way to win next week. The injuries have to stop. Too many guys continue to go down. I just don't understand it. Young guys, old guys doesn't matter.
                As bad as this has been --- they can still make the playoffs with the weak schedule they having coming up after ther Seahawks. But will not go far unless Jackson and Jeffries are both 100%. If they get fully healthy by playoff time they could make some noise--- but a whole buch of thing need to improve.

Comment

After looking at that EZ pass to Aggy--- I will revise my thought to not blame anyone for that. Wentz was hurried, flat footed and under pressure and heaved it, Aggy had his man beat ---- but the wind played a part in him trying to adjust.

While he has had a few of the dropsies.... I do not label this one as in that group!
                  In fact had he made that catch it would have a great one!

Thats my story and I'm stickin too it!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    After looking at that EZ pass to Aggy--- I will revise my thought to not blame anyone for that. Wentz was hurried, flat footed and under pressure and heaved it, Aggy had his man beat ---- but the wind played a part in him trying to adjust.

While he has had a few of the dropsies.... I do not label this one as in that group!

I agree with you MD but for just once I'd like to see her make a friekin play for us! She's certainly dropped enough bunnies to be due to do something out of the ordinary.

Comment

Wentz did not have a good game, and frankly I am a bit tired of watching passes sail over guys heads and almost never hitting a guy in stride, and don't get me started on holding the ball too long, and even when a guy does get open he either over throws or makes any catch much tougher than it has to be.

I agree poor game calling, where are some passes over 5 yards long? where was any attempt to get the Pats to move back from the line? some of this is on the O-Line--- the same O-line i have said need better depth for the last 2 years, hell Johnson goes down and Wentz has to duck for his life.

Is that him or is that Wentz just not trusting some guys and doesn't even look their way?

Would have been nice but it was a tough grab the way his body was contorted. But it wasn't just one play, nothing I mean NOTHING after the 1st quarter and Belicheat made his adjustments. Let's remember that the GOAT was not on his game yesterday, hell worst I have ever seen him I think!

Been sayimng it for two years this O-Line is not as good as their press clippings make them out to be.

Agree on the D they played well--- as for field position--- IMM that is mostly on the O going 3 and out and never moving the ball much after the TD.

That is why they are DB's and not WR's

ST's have gone downhill since the SB.

I have to agree with the majority of what is written. The majority of the balls sailing over guys heads is probably on Wentz but in fairness I will note that it is hard to follow through in order to get the ball down when you have 6' 8" guys two feet in front of you so you have to get it over them. That is on the O line.
                      I'd also note and agree that Agholor would've had to make a hell of a play on that endzone pass. He didn't track it well but the wind was tough all game and it was a 50 yard Hail Mary in all reality.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Sorry I am seeing too many receivers on other teams make those plays and make them consistently. Nelson Agholor should be CUT period. He is costing this team games, Perfect throw flat footed by Wentz, Agholor simply can not track a ball any more than 10 yards down the field. The only thing he catchs is the ball in his chest or perfectly thrown. That is my story and I have evidence to stick to it

Also take a good look at the throw in the back of the end zone earlier in the game. he tried to catch it like an out pattern. No awareness of where he was on the field. Could the throw have been better YES but simply put NONE of these receivers catch the ball unless is perfectly thrown.

Sorry but this is on Howie, he totally mis evaluated this receiving corp. You are not suddenly going to have Agholor track balls, you are not going to get Hollins or JJaw open and you are not going to have this team stop dropping balls. 3 straight drives at the end of the game were killed by dropped footballs, two by brick hands Agholor and one by Goedert.

Carson needs a Jason Avant type receiver in the worst way

Comment

Maybe Agholor needs glasses!
                          Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            Sorry I am seeing too many receivers on other teams make those plays and make them consistently. Nelson Agholor should be CUT period. He is costing this team games, Perfect throw flat footed by Wentz, Agholor simply can not track a ball any more than 10 yards down the field. The only thing he catchs is the ball in his chest or perfectly thrown. That is my story and I have evidence to stick to it

Also take a good look at the throw in the back of the end zone earlier in the game. he tried to catch it like an out pattern. No awareness of where he was on the field. Could the throw have been better YES but simply put NONE of these receivers catch the ball unless is perfectly thrown.

Sorry but this is on Howie, he totally mis evaluated this receiving corp. You are not suddenly going to have Agholor track balls, you are not going to get Hollins or JJaw open and you are not going to have this team stop dropping balls. 3 straight drives at the end of the game were killed by dropped footballs, two by brick hands Agholor and one by Goedert.

Carson needs a Jason Avant type receiver in the worst way
                            It's ok, we just disagree on that particular throw, on a very very windy day--- which is probably why neither teams tried to throw deep balls!! We have discovered that Aggy is now nor ever has been a #1 WR. All I'm saying is that he and that pass did NOT cost us the game--- we had 3 QTRS and did NOTHING!!!

Comment

Here's the funny thing about Aggy. He runs really good routes. He just can't track the ball. He needs to work with baseball coach who works with outfielders.

Comment

Working...
                              X