(OT) Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Hockey

Is anyone still following the hockey playoffs? I'm rooting for Carolina tonight (up 1-0) cause of Brind'amour. I've always liked him as a player and it's too bad he got ran out of town cause Lindros tagged his wife.

I'll pull for the Carolina "Caines...right after I start pulling for the Panthers. I like Buffalo's pluck.

Sabres now up 2-1 in the 2nd period.

Comment

I got no problems with the Hurricanes. Considering the Sabres knocked the Flyers out of the playoffs, how can you root for them?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        I got no problems with the Hurricanes. Considering the Sabres knocked the Flyers out of the playoffs, how can you root for them?
        Was an absolutely insane Flyers fan for many years and still pull for them, but not with the intensity of years past. And I'm not a Sabres fan, even though I've lived in upstate NY for 30+ years.

It has more to do with the Eagles than anything else. Write it off as an irrational dislike of ANYTHING remotely associated with Charlotte and the Panthers. I live in the Tampa Bay area in the winter, so I get to "hate" on the Bucs and their front-running fans "up close and personal" for 3 months each year.

It probably makes little sense, but it's something over which I have no control...I was brought up in Philly!!

Comment

I got the same problem with the Star/Mavericks because of the Cowboys. But even though I dislike the Panthers with a passion, I don't really have a problem with their fans. And like I said, Brind'amour deserves a trip to the Finals. Guy has always worked hard and given his all.

I think I might root for Edmonton in the Finals though.

Comment

I don't know any Panther fans, so I have no opinion on them. I do know alot of Buc's "fairweather" fans and, for the most part, they don't know Shite about football. Gruden has gone from God to the Devil and back to God in the space of 3 years.

I think if I lived in Cowboy Country, I would have to pay someone to kill me.

I will definitely be pulling for the Oilers.

Comment

Re: (OT) Hockey

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
              Is anyone still following the hockey playoffs? I'm rooting for Carolina tonight (up 1-0) cause of Brind'amour. I've always liked him as a player and it's too bad he got ran out of town cause Lindros tagged his wife.
              Always was and always will be a Rod fan. I call him the best looking ugliest hockey player. I just love his tough grit. His face shows just how tough he is and how dedicated he is to his teams. For that reason, I am so farg'g happy that he will be playing in the Stanley Cup.

Go Canes. Win it for Rod!
              Pedro

Comment

My Mom is from Edmonton. Go Oilers.

North Carolina doesn't need the Stanley Cup. Canada does. nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Will

Right On!

I would guess that less than 1 in 50 randomly surveyed North Carolinians would even know what the Stanley Cup is.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                    Originally posted by Will

Right On!

I would guess that less than 1 in 50 randomly surveyed North Carolinians would even know what the Stanley Cup is.
                    Since 1 in 50 Carolinians don't have balls, they didn't see the need in using a cup. (our friend nc is that 1 in 50).
                    Pedro

Comment

Carolina is like the Flyers South, they have 2 or 3 former Flyers on their team.

I have also been rooting for the Oilers because they are the smallest market in the NHL and I like to root for the (non-Toronto) Canadian teams once the Fly-boys get eliminated.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Is there really any interest in hockey anymore? Will the Stanley Cup ratings even be a blip on the radar screen? The NHL cannot be happy that in their "comeback" season two tiny market teams are in the Finals.

Comment

They still play professional hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                            They still play professional hockey?
                            Not in Philadelphia.
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Game 7 of the ECF was completely blacked out because of a storm last night in the Philadelphia area from about 5:52 left in the 2nd period until the post game.

Hockey playoffs are getting lower ratings than Arena football regular season games.

However, arenas are selling out and there hasn't been much of a dropoff in Canadian viewership. However, if American ratings don't bounce back next year you may not see nationally broadcast NHL games until the finals in 2008.
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                              X