Madden 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 2005

Anyone know the release date and will it come out for the PC the same day as for consols?
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

8/17 for Xbox, GBA and Gamecube.

9/7 for PC and PS2.

Madden just got way too f'ing complicated after a while. I prefer the ESPN games.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

See I'm a football coach and love all that extra stuff, with good X and Os and using hot routes and what not you can be pretty unstopable on offense in 2004.

Comment

I am not too surprised to hear that leifdawg, as the entire Madden legacy has helped bring many a young soul to a deeper understanding of the game. I have heard of and recommend to you that you consider assigning "homework" involving playing Madden in specific offensive or defensive playbooks or scenarios. The game lets you give a very very digestible and understandable playbook to a kid who just loves to play video games. I am interested in the '05 version to see if it continues to amaze me with its power as an educational medium for the next generation who may prove far wiser and more knowledgeable than that which came before. I swear this is as effective as the film room is the older players.
        - Shipp

Comment

Who will be onthe cover 05 madden? My guess is Donte Hall from the KC Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Raging Reggie
            Who will be onthe cover 05 madden? My guess is Donte Hall from the KC Chiefs
            It's going to be Ray Lewis... he'll then break his leg in the season opener.
            Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

No way it's gonna be Clinton Portis

Comment

, there is no strategy necessary in Madden. Just put Champ Bailey in at QB, send all your receivers long, and run every play...this pisses my friends off beyond belief, because there is really no way to defend it.

Comment

There are definitely ways to stop that. All you need is to do is set up some good zone coverage and have linebackers blitz from the outside for containment. If he gets sacked he has a good chance at fumbling and he can't pass so all he can do is scramble.
                  http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

For one thing thats fucking gay and takes the fun out of the game. We have people try and pull that Online. Like Liamtransdemon said, there are ways to stop it. In addition to the stuff Liam has you can spread you're dline out, and set either a safety or corner to spy on Baily.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                      For one thing thats fucking gay and takes the fun out of the game.
                      , I know...I only do it now when I'm playing my friend that it's hilarious to see him flip out... ...see, none of my friends nor I play on the internet, so when I first discovered this tactic it was hilarious...I don't use it much anymore, for the reason you said, it's no fun just running Bailey every play...I guess my friends just suck if they can't stop it...

Comment

I got it yesterday...been playing it ever since. My friend and I played it from 3 o'clock until 5 in the morning yesterday, then played from noon until 4 today. One of the many luxuries of being a high school student in the summer...

Comment

Originally posted by IanB
                          I got it yesterday...been playing it ever since. My friend and I played it from 3 o'clock until 5 in the morning yesterday, then played from noon until 4 today. One of the many luxuries of being a high school student in the summer...
                          Loser :P

Comment

, you know it.

Also, I meant to mention that you can't put defensive players on offense or vice versa...so no more Bailey...

Comment

Although I do it year round because I have the joy of being a college student.

Comment

Working...
                              X