Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 02-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #11
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

If I saw him in public I would drop him, be worth the assault charge. If there were any witnesses
Old 02-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #12
balto-eaglefan
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

balto-eaglefan has disabled reputation

Wait a minute - the reason some NFL owners wouldn’t sign Kapernick, is that they were basically “bending the knee” for the President? Sheesh. This story gets worse and worse. The President has better things to do with his time than pressure NFL owners.
"Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.
Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we dont care, were from Philly, F-ing Philly, No one likes us, we dont care!
- Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever
balto-eaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #13
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhan View Post
That’s absurd but if that’s what he got, then he must’ve had the NFL dead to rights on collusion
I think that professional sports leagues are afraid of that word WC and are trying to just have him fade away and he has (who knows for how long though). Maybe part of the deal was that he uses the money for something good but I doubt it). I can't ever remember such a marginal player make so much noise. The funny thing about the whole fiasco is that his teammates couldn't stand the guy before he started this crap.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #14
WCPhan
Pro Bowler

WCPhan has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to WCPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I think that professional sports leagues are afraid of that word WC and are trying to just have him fade away and he has (who knows for how long though). Maybe part of the deal was that he uses the money for something good but I doubt it). I can't ever remember such a marginal player make so much noise. The funny thing about the whole fiasco is that his teammates couldn't stand the guy before he started this crap.
Im pretty sure that if the NFL is found guilty of collusion, not only would Kaepernicks lawsuit be worth hundreds of millions, but there would be a line of other lawsuits out the door.

When I said absurd I was referring to the dollar figure paid as hush money.
WCPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:05 AM   #15
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhan View Post
Im pretty sure that if the NFL is found guilty of collusion, not only would Kaepernicks lawsuit be worth hundreds of millions, but there would be a line of other lawsuits out the door.

When I said absurd I was referring to the dollar figure paid as hush money.

I agree that he most likely would have won WC. I really don't think that was the story though. Some teams talked to him but didn't hire him because of his fucked up attitude. After all, he opted out of his SF contract for $9 million. It was quite apparent that he didn't want to be a backup and was more interested in media attention. Hell Ray Lewis went out on a limb for him when Flacco was hurt in the preseason and Baltimore brought Kaperdick in and he totally blew the interview.

Well he finally won his agenda and let's just hope that he fades into the sunset.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #16
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Look nobody knows if they (Kaperdick and Reid) were right or not--- doesn't matter either--- the NFL (as it always does) has no legacy of doing the right things. So therefore whether they did or didn't collude(and I don't think they did based on the publicly known facts) they would have lost! This big giant machine/business will always lose when it goes up against a poor little person.

They were gonna settle and they knew it and Kaperdick knew it and we all knew it--- cause it just isn't worth it to the NFL (insert MLB, NBA, NHL) to have this long drawn out case in view of the public eye.

I just hate the way this country runs right now!!
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #17
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

So much for the Dick to fade away.

Lawyer: Colin Kaepernick wants to play in NFL again

Feb
2/17/2019 8:27:31 AM

Colin Kaepernick may become an NFL player again, Ted Holmlund of New York Post reports. This according to what his attorney told CNN on Saturday night.
Kaepernick — who, along with Eric Reid, reached a settlement with the NFL Friday concerning his collusion grievances against the league — still “absolutely wants to play” in the NFL, according to his attorney Mark Geragos. Geragos also told the network he couldn’t comment on anything regarding the settlement because it includes a confidentiality agreement.
“He wants to compete at the highest level,” Geragos said of Kaepernick. “This is a competitive young man.”
According to ESPN, Geragos said he spoke to Kaepernick on Saturday about his desire to play.
“I think you’re going to see … within the next two weeks that somebody is going to step up and do the right thing, and you want me to predict who?” Geragos told the website. “Besides the Panthers, it would not surprise me if [Patriots owner] Bob Kraft makes a move.”
Out of those two teams, the Panthers are likely a better landing spot for the 31-year-old Kaepernick. Cam Newton, who underwent shoulder surgery in late January, is a question mark. Plus, Kaepernick — who hasn’t been on an NFL team since severing his contract with the 49ers in 2017 — is considered to have many of the similar skill sets as Newton.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #18
musicman
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
So much for the Dick to fade away.

Lawyer: Colin Kaepernick wants to play in NFL again

Feb
2/17/2019 8:27:31 AM

Kaepernick who hasnt been on an NFL team since severing his contract with the 49ers in 2017 is considered to have many of the similar skill sets as Newton.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg
couldn't agree more. The are both sorry assed cocksuckers
Old 02-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #19
balto-eaglefan
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

balto-eaglefan has disabled reputation

Wow. This one from the NY Daily News:
Quote:
What clear-thinking person believes that Kaepernick, who’ll turn 33 in November 2020, would be able to perform at a high level given all the evidence to the contrary?

The delusional contingent conveniently forgets that Kaepernick, a career 59.8 percent passer, was 3-16 as a starter in his last two seasons in the league (2015-2016).

He was benched by Jim Tomsula for the great Blaine Gabbert midway through the 2015 season. Chip Kelly, whose offense seemingly was a good fit for Kaepernick’s skillset, started Gabbert for the first five weeks of the 2016 season.

The truth is Kaepernick never evolved as a pocket passer after setting the league on fire for a season and a half (2012-2013) with his dual-threat skills. His pocket presence was highly questionable in the final few seasons in San Francisco.

Kaepernick’s cumulative quarterback rating in the last two seasons (52.0) that he actually played ranked 30th out of 32 quarterbacks. His QBR inside the pocket (39.8 ) in that two-year window ranked dead last out of 32 signal callers.

Kaepernick was the only starting quarterback to have a lower than 60 percent completion percentage, while averaging fewer than seven yards per attempt during those two seasons.

As starters go, he just stunk. And he didn’t magically correct his flaws without any coaching/instruction in the past two years.

Quarterbacks are ultimately judged by wins and losses. Kaepernick went 17-5 from 2012-2013. He was 11-25 in his last three seasons.

Is he talented enough to be a 31-year-old backup at this point?

That’s the ceiling though. This guy isn’t rescuing the Patriots, Panthers or anyone else.

Suggesting otherwise is laughable.
"Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.
Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we dont care, were from Philly, F-ing Philly, No one likes us, we dont care!
- Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever
balto-eaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:11 PM   #20
musicman
Hall of Famer

I also doubt he can read any of the Dick and Jane series, much less an NFL defense