No announcement yet.

This is gonna be nerve racking.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I see it, there is little choice in the matter. I mean, we're talking Brian Dawkins here, for Christ's sake.

I don't think Dawk is the type of player that would hold the Eagles hostage and Banner would avail the entire organization by negotiating in good faith.

Brian Dawkins is probably the one player that has defined Eagles football over the past decade. Gotta' take care of your own...

Comment

Sorry, but if Montana, Rice and other HOF players can be traded or let go then Dawk certainly can...there are no exceptions IMO UNLESS the player is still producing at a good level and providing a good example...

Dawk had a down year last season and needs to get back on track...

Dawk will come very hungry this year and have a great season IMO...that will open up discussions and the Eagles will reward him by keeping him for 2-3 years...but they will groom a guy behind him and they will wave goodbye to him when those years are over...

The players have zero loyalty to teams so teams should not be bashed for returning zero loyalty back IMO...Dawk is a great person and player, but he is going to ask for the coin he think he deserves and if the Eagles are not willing to pay it he will leave...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I've seen every Eagles Safety for over half a century, so when I say Dawkins makes my all-time team it should be clear I'm not anti Dawk. That said he has had two awful seasons in the last three. In 2003 he was injured and had lots of screw-ups topped off by giving up that unpardonable TD in the NFCCG. Afterwards he called them the worst game and the worst season of his career. Again last year he is only a shadow of the Dawk we once loved. Now sure Dawk is the hardest training, best conditioned Eagle of them all. buty, his training and conditioning didn't prevent two horrible seasons in the last three. Yes I want to see him signed up again. But the non-emotional part of my brain says, "Has Dawk lost it and doesn't realize it yet?" If so, cold hard observation and eval from Andy and his staff is in order. Then and only then can a real decision be made.

Comment

I think the FO is doing the right thing by waiting to see how he rebounds this year. Dutch, I think you can throw out the season where he played hurt, and if you look at last season, the entire defense had an off year, not just Dawkins. Christ, Lito looked like Izell Jenkins out there, for crying out loud. I don't think Dawkins has fallen off as much as you do, obviously, so we'll see what happens this year.

Comment

Working...
          X