Can we win this division?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we win this division?

No I'm not smoking crack. And I suspect we're a one and one or two and done team. Like the Seahawks winning the west last year.

BUT... I think we can win the East simply because of how dreadful the rest of the division is.

Washington is clearly a fraud.

The Giants have Eli Manning to stink things up all the time.

The Cowboys are a constant mess.

I think the wildcards are out of the north and south so in order to make the playoffs, we'll have to win the East, which would require 10-6 but maybe even 9-7. Here's the rest of the schedule. Can we make it to 9-7?

8 30-Oct DAL @ PHI
    9 7-Nov CHI @ PHI
    10 13-Nov ARI @ PHI
    11 20-Nov PHI @ NYG
    12 27-Nov NE @ PHI
    13 1-Dec PHI @ SEA
    14 11-Dec PHI @ MIA
    15 18-Dec NYJ @ PHI
    16 24-Dec PHI @ DAL
    17 1-Jan WAS @ PHI

You know we'll do something stupid like lose to Miami or Seattle. So between Dal, Chi, NYG, NE, NYJ, DAL, WAS, we have to only lose twice. Doable?
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM.

I think you have to go 10-6, which means you can only lose 2. You have to win the next 3 plus you absolutely have to beat the giants in NY. Stumble against NE and only give up one more the rest of the way (@DAL would not be ideal, but possible to overcome).

8 30-Oct DAL @ PHI
    9 7-Nov CHI @ PHI
    10 13-Nov ARI @ PHI
    11 20-Nov PHI @ NYG
    12 27-Nov NE @ PHI
    13 1-Dec PHI @ SEA
    14 11-Dec PHI @ MIA
    15 18-Dec NYJ @ PHI
    16 24-Dec PHI @ DAL
    17 1-Jan WAS @ PHI

Oh, and you cannot let Vince Young sniff the field again. Or Kafka.

Comment

Let's look at the four teams and see what the possibilities really are...

Dallas:
      Oct. 23 STL - W
      Oct. 30 @ PHILA - L
      Nov. 06 SEA - W
      Nov. 13 BUFF - L
      Nov. 20 @ WASH - L
      Nov. 24 MIAMI - W
      Dec. 04 @ AZ - W
      Dec. 11 NY GIANTS - W
      Dec. 17 @ TB - W
      Dec. 24 PHILA - L
      Jan. 01 @ NY GIANTS - L
      = Dallas 8-8

NY Giants:
      Oct 30 MIA - W
      6 Nov @ NE - L
      13 Nov @ SF- W
      20 Nov PHILA- W
      28 Nov @ NO- L
      4 Dec GB - L
      11 Dec @ DAL - L
      18 Dec WASH- W
      24 Dec @ NY JETS- L
      1 Jan DAL- W
      = Giants 9-7

Eagles:
      30 Oct DAL @ PHI - W
      7 Nov CHI @ PHI- W
      13 Nov ARI @ PHI- W
      20 Nov PHI @ NYG- L
      27-Nov NE @ PHI- L
      1-Dec PHI @ SEA- W
      11-Dec PHI @ MIA- W
      18-Dec NYJ @ PHI- L
      24-Dec PHI @ DAL- W
      1-Jan WAS @ PHI- W
      = Eagles 9-7

Washington:
      23 Oct @ CAR - L
      30 Oct @ BUFF - L
      6 Nov SF - W
      13 Nov @ MIAMI - W
      20 Nov DALLAS - W
      27 Nov @ SEA - W
      4 Dec NY JETS - L
      11 Dec NE - L
      18 Dec @ NY GIANTS - L
      24 Dec MINN - W
      1 Jan @ PHILA - L
      =Washington 8-8

That means it's going to come down to the Eagles and Giants for the division. As I've marked the games above the Giants would win the division because they will have swept the Eagles in two games. So really it's going to come down to the Eagles-Giants game on November 20th. If the Eagles win I have them at 10-6 and the rest of the division at 8-8. If they lose, they finish 9-7 and lose to the Giants on a tie breaker.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

i want Was to finish 7-9.

Comment

Of course they can, but they won't. They will still hit the self-destruct button enough to blow up their chances.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

The roadmap certainly is there but odds are against them finishing even 9-7.

Comment

So Reid answered the question "If Peters, Herremans & Justice are healthy, does Justice start RT & Herremans move to G?" with a "we'll see, gonna go through all that".

Hasn't Mathis graded out as one of the better LG so far this season?

Comment

This is a team that just lost 4 straight games in ugly fashion, one win does not have me back on the they are going to win the division bandwagon. I still think 6-10 is the most likely senario for the Eagles
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Herremans should be All-Pro for the simple fact that he has played well at three different positions.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

CAN they, sure but I don't think they will. Too many holes. But if they do it,then it just prolongs the SSDD.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                      CAN they, sure but I don't think they will. Too many holes. But if they do it,then it just prolongs the SSDD.
                      I see a hole a LB. I actually think we have decent safeties once we go Paige off the field.

Our OL is playing much better than last year, so is our D-Line. We have the best group of WR's and a stud RB. So where are the "too many holes"?

BTW this is the "real" Blitz, right?

Comment

The main reason I don't think they win the division is that they haven't played an entire game so far this year. Even yesterday they had a good first half and then the O disappeared in the second half and the D tired out and barely hung on for the win.

If Vick doesn't get that helmet to helmet hit called early in the game or if Grossman doesn't turn the ball over immediately after Young's boneheaded turnover this is another loss and the Eagles are looking at fans surrounding the NovaCare Center holding pitchforks and torches and demanding Andy be sent out to burn at the stake. they got lucky - REALLY lucky and still almost gave it away.

In truth they are at a cross roads right now. They can just as easily go 10-6 or 6-10 (or even 2-14!!!)
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Are you saying Rex Grossman was our best player?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                            Are you saying Rex Grossman was our best player?
                            I say that Coleman should at least take the guy out for dinner.
                            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                              The main reason I don't think they win the division is that they haven't played an entire game so far this year. Even yesterday they had a good first half and then the O disappeared in the second half and the D tired out and barely hung on for the win.

If Vick doesn't get that helmet to helmet hit called early in the game or if Grossman doesn't turn the ball over immediately after Young's boneheaded turnover this is another loss and the Eagles are looking at fans surrounding the NovaCare Center holding pitchforks and torches and demanding Andy be sent out to burn at the stake. they got lucky - REALLY lucky and still almost gave it away.

In truth they are at a cross roads right now. They can just as easily go 10-6 or 6-10 (or even 2-14!!!)
                              Well said, in the past this team has come back from the dead (like Blitz) because they had weakness's that they could overcome. Right now this team has major holes in which I don't think they can overcome. The offensive line is not only bad its banged up, the linebackers are too small and can't get off blocks. The coach is afraid to use his field goal kicker from anything over 45 yards. They rarely make an adjustments (although they did on the d line yesterday only playing wide nine in obvious pass situations) They do have talent at the skill positions and I think they can steal a few with that talent but overall, I think they will be hard pressed to go anything more than 6-10. I really hope they prove me wrong
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X