I love the low expectations from the football writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the low expectations from the football writers

It's manna from heaven, if you ask me. (I know no one is!)

I know it's a tough division now and it won't be easy, but this is like night and day compared to last year. Night and day.

This is a damn good football team, very strong along the lines, a top QB, great veteran leadership, a real good coaching staff, a system that's been in place forever. And they've got a cushy first half schedule that should set them up nicely for 10 or 11 wins.

If they stay healthy, I am very, very optimistic.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

LT, I could write pretty much the exact opposite.

I see a lot of optimism around here, but it is based upon a lot of things going right. Players like Jamal Jackson and Reggie Brown LJ Smith taking it to the next level. Players like Pinky, Bucky, Donovan, Lito, Tapeh, Walker and McDougal either coming back from injury or even making it thru a season healthy. SO much has to go right for us to have a great season, and our luck hasn't always been the best thing to rely on, LOL!

Still, I'm hopeful.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      LT, I could write pretty much the exact opposite.

I see a lot of optimism around here, but it is based upon a lot of things going right. Players like Jamal Jackson and Reggie Brown LJ Smith taking it to the next level. Players like Pinky, Bucky, Donovan, Lito, Tapeh, Walker and McDougal either coming back from injury or even making it thru a season healthy. SO much has to go right for us to have a great season, and our luck hasn't always been the best thing to rely on, LOL!

Still, I'm hopeful.
      FRESH,

The "next level" guys have already shown they are capable of performing -- it's not like they're rooks. Smith and Brown have had seasons where they've caught a lot of balls. And Jackson spent a good amount of last season as the starter, so it's not like he's just stepping in for the first time, totally untried. I don't have too many concerns about those guys -- I know they'll perform at a certain level and have hopes they will improve.

Of that other group, I'm only really counting on three -- McNabb, Sheppard and McDougle. All appear to have fully recovered from last season's injuries.

The other guys -- Pinkston, Buckhalter, Tapeh, Walker -- are a grab bag. Some will contribute, some won't. But none of those guys are critical to the team's success. Possibly Pinkston, for his field-stretching capacity.

I'm sticking with the optimism. I've never felt it was a given that this team would automatically bounce back this year just by getting healthy. But I'm really encouraged with how this team is shaping up, especially if these two lines are as strong as we think.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
      X