2011 Pre-Season Game #1: Ravens @ Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Pre-Season Game #1: Ravens @ Eagles

Per Andy Reid, the starters will play the first full quarter. The #2 will play the entire 2nd quarter and into the 3rd quarter. Everyone else will play what remains of the game.

I wonder if the lack of contact in practice will change how they approach pre-season games at all, as far as starters and 2nd stringers playing more.

47-3!

Comment

I expect some alterations to that plan. Such as Case Mathews. Even tho he's the starter, I expect he will get a bit of extra time. Avant and Coop have ben practicing as the starters, and so I don't know what they will do with them....since they are really 2nd level players. And the lines are going to be most interesting to see who starts, and how they rotate.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...os-in-whos-out

Eagles Vs Ravens: Who's In, Who's Out?

The Eagles will play their first preseason game tomorrow night against the Ravens and we will get to the newest stars in action, but not a few of the old ones. The biggest offseason acquisition, Nnamdi Asomugha will start opposite Asante Samuel. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will also play, but he will be the fourth corner. Presumably, he could also be a first teamer in the second quarter. Probably depends on how much he's on the field.

Jamaal Jackson will start at center and Nate Allen, who had offseason surgery will play. DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin will not play however as Maclin is still getting "tests" for his mystery illness and DeSean hasn't even practiced yet, so he obviously isn't ready to play. He reportedly does plan to go next week against the Steelers though. Jason Avant and Riley Cooper are your starting WRs.

Comment

How many series for Vick tonight? 2?

Comment

Offense will look terrible and Vick will get sacked a bunch and the score will be 7-3 Ravens at end of first - and fans will comment CSNPHILLY.COM message boards yelling "THIS TEAM STINKS - ANDY REID NEVER GETS US PLAYERS TO PROTECT VICK!!! THIS IS WHY I HATE BEING AN EAGLES FAN"
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
              Offense will look terrible and Vick will get sacked a bunch and the score will be 7-3 Ravens at end of first - and fans will comment CSNPHILLY.COM message boards yelling "THIS TEAM STINKS - ANDY REID NEVER GETS US PLAYERS TO PROTECT VICK!!! THIS IS WHY I HATE BEING AN EAGLES FAN"
              Why do you have to ruin it for me by telling me the future! Now there's no point in watching.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                Why do you have to ruin it for me by telling me the future! Now there's no point in watching.
                I always watch for the devastating injuries.

Comment

G.Cobb reporting that although they say DJ isn't playing tonight, he's on the field right now practicing catching bombs from Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    I always watch for the devastating injuries.
                    If Ray Ray went down with a snapped neck tonight, I might shout with joy....
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Tommy has his game preview up: http://igglesblitz.com/

-Andy Reid

Comment

I stickied this thread so people can find it easily and we can all comment on the game....

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Andy Reid

Comment

UGH, I gotta watch it from the Baltimore perspective, YUCK!

Comment

HOLY CRAP, did you see that hit by Jenkins!!!!

Comment

Darryl Tapp with tremendous penetration.

Comment

Working...
                              X