• Show
Clear All

• Article on Baskett not being drafted

Explains his motivation.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...06-690039.html
    Pedro

Re: Article on Baskett not being drafted

Originally posted by Pedro
    Pretty good stuff, I hope it works out for us and him but you have to wonder what made every team in the NFL including us overlook him during the draft.. not that we didn't see him we just picked others ahead of him.

How could Brad Childress who is highly regarded as an offensive mind, have this guy and then basically say that McMullen is better and trade for him?
    He may be a practice superstar, hopefully it will translate to real game ability. I wonder if he had a bad showing at the combine.

Either way, weird stuff happens sometimes and good players are not put in positions where they can shine so I hope this works out that way. We really need something like this

Comment

I think Childress probably wanted someone around who could help him teach his other wr's the offense...how many players did Reid bring in for 2 or 3 years to help in that regard.

Childress may believe in McMullen, but my guess is that the benefit of having a guy around who understands his x's and o's will be a greater benefit than a rookie fa who is/was a long shot.

That said...Baskett seems at this point to be twice the reciever McMullen ever was!

Comment

Working...
      X