Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG, I didn't realize the AAF would be this bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, I didn't realize the AAF would be this bad!

Alliance of American Football TV Schedule: Time, channel for Saturday, Sunday games

Updated 10:01 AM; Posted 10:01 AM

Former New York Jets quarterback Christian Hackenberg will play for the American Alliance of Football, which debuts Saturday.

The Alliance of American Football (AAF) will kick off its inaugural season on Saturday. The opening weekend of action will feature four games and all eight teams.

Several notable former NFL players will suit up for the new venture, including former Jets quarterback Christian Hackenberg, former Giants safety Will Hill and former Eagles wide receiver Josh Huff.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yeah, thats gotta be pretty bad if Josh Huff is one of their marquee names

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
      Yeah, thats gotta be pretty bad if Josh Huff is one of their marquee names
      ASFPL-American Stupid Football Players League is more like it.

Comment

Interesting...maybe because it’s a developmental league for the NFL, they’ve eliminated kickoffs to reduce the chance that guys will get hurt.

Read somewhere that their goal is to have football that’s better than the college level but admittedly below the NFL level. Literally as though it was all second-stringers and third stringers (because, well, that’s basically what the league is)
        Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 02-09-2019, 08:21 AM.
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

What channel???
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            what channel???
            espn 74
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              What channel???
              I didn't realize that a major network is going to carry it. CBS has a game on at 8:00 PM from the Alamodome.

Comment

going against 400 channels of reality shows
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

And then there are the team names. Several are OK because there is at least some tie in to the city or region...Memphis Express, San Diego Fleet, Birmingham Iron, even the Salt Lake Stallions (a vague reference I suppose to Joseph Smith and his male descendants mythical capacity to maintain a state of permanent erection and a limitless supply of precious bodily fluid with which to impregnate anything over the age of 12.)

Then come the names dreamed up by certified assholes...the Atlanta Legends (General Sherman's uninvited visit ?), the Arizona Hotshots (hordes of 75 year old men with silver drool cups strapped to their chins)and the Orlando Apollos. The Apollos? Hello! (But who can blame an enterprising young "suit" for mistakenly thinking that the rockets are launched from Disney World rather than that whatever Canaveral something or other place. 60 miles away?)

With genius minds like this at the helm, nothing can stop the AAF.

Comment

I just tuned in and see that the best college analyst in football Gary Danielson is doing the game. It's hard to believe that this league got him but he could help make this interesting I guess.

Comment

Gregg Ward

First of all don't laugh! Ward played for San Antonio tonight and I have to say that he was outstanding. Both teams were well drilled and it was a decent game although it seemed like there were many undersized players on the field. Hey, it's football anyway. Ward must have caught about 10 passes including a great 50 yard bomb in full stride with his fingertips that I don't think most receivers would have caught. Very impressive! If he continues like this he's going to get another look this preseason. He really looked good.

Comment

They say the ratings beat the NBA for the night!
                        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                          What is NBA?

Comment

60, not bustin here but Ward has NFL talent. Unfortunately for him it is practice squad or maybe bottom of the roster talent, hell he may even have a few good games in him like a Josh Huff or Shelton Gibson, but he isn't going to be a difference maker in the NFL for anyone in my opinion. The AAF is like the USFL, CFL, Arena league or NFL Europe in that there are a few guys who can make the transition to the NFL. Maybe he will but I'm just not sure Ward is one of them
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                              I think even the NFL draft and Pro Bowl still draw bigger ratings than most games from the NBA, NHL or MLB, so really anything’s possible. With the NFL backing this new AAF, who knows. They just might last a long time. I’m sure it’ll be better than the XFL.
                              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                              X