Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT:All Right I'm Calling you all out, one by one 1st MD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT:All Right I'm Calling you all out, one by one 1st MD!

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Do we wait for GWE or move on to someone else----- Toga you're call!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        Do we wait for GWE or move on to someone else----- Toga you're call!
        Skiing in Colorado. Ha!

How about Thought Process now, and then GWE can still tell his story on Saturday.
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy
          sorry guys, I'm skiing in Colorado with no computer access (this is from my phone).

Wow!! Green With Envy must be a REALLY good skier to be able to respond to email while skiing!
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Damn these young kids and their texting ability--- but lord while skiing downhill??????????

TP you're up buddy!

Comment

Here goes, a somewhat abridged version anyway:

Born in '65 in South Philly. Lived there for most of my young life with a brief stop in the N.E. area of the country until moving to the West Oak Lane area in Philly. Recall vividly the championship parades of the '73, '74 Flyers and those of the '83 Sixers. I danced in the middle of Broad St. when the Eagles defeated the Cowboys in the NFCCG in '80. While I support all Philly teams, my enthusiasm for the NBA, MLB anf NHL have waned as of late due to my almost-rabid support for eagles football, and football in general. (I say almost-rabid because I have learned to temper my "enthusiasm" and try and keep things in perspective after losing a friendship over a game after getting in a scuffle. He was a Cowboys fan. Really, though. I did come to regret it. You guys believe me, right? )

After High School, I worked for a year in North Philly then joined the military in '84. Travelled many interesting places and met many interesting people, and while it wasn't always a picnic, I wouldn't trade the experience at all. Got married in that span, and had 3 kids. who are all in the teens now. 20 years later, I got out and moved to Fla. where I work now with a local public utility company.

I first started posting on the philly.com board as "Train Of Thought", and when it appeared to devolve into a forum for namecalling, flaming and trolling I left to post on Jeff's board, philaphans as ThoughtProcess. MDFAN extended the invite to me to post here and obviously I accepted.

I will forgo selecting someone to follow me, and await GWE. That is of course, unless someone else volunteers!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

GWE isn't going to do his till Saturday- this is only Thursday-- lets get somebody else on the clock-----

J-Bird--- you're up old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Most of you guys know this but...here goes:
                    Born in Philly(Olney)in '54 then moved to Elkins Park.Graduated from Bishop McDevitt(Wyncote)in '72,then Villanova in '76.
                    Been a Birds fan since 1960.My Dad worked for GE at 32nd&Chestnut and we watched the Title Game in'60 from his office with binoculars and listened on a portable AM radio.Can you imagine that today? Saw a couple of games at Franklin Field,that place was special.
                    My idol growing up was Tommy MacDonald.Wore the #25 jersey out along with the single bar helmet.Concrete Charlie & Pete Retzlaff were favorites also.
                    Spent my first 26 yrs in Philly and followed all sports.Must have gone to Connie Mack @ 40 times since my Uncles lived two blocks from there on Opal Street.My heroes back then were Johnny Callison,Tony Gonzalez,Richie Allen,Bobby Wine.I still follow the "Beloveds" and think they have a good shot this year.Another pitcher wouldn't hurt.
                    Started working in sales in'77 with Garrett Buchanan Paper Co(10th&Spring Garden)and man,they were bigtime sports fans.From '77 to'80 I had season(Nice tix)tickets to Birds,Sixers,Flyers,Phils games and had a blast.
                    Moved to Easton,Md in '80.My wife is from here so that's what happened.Two great kids Angela(an architect)and Michael(electrical engineer)are doing great.Patti & I are ready to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary on 3\19\08.
                    I loved growing up in Philly mainly because it's a great sports town but I gotta tell you,as I get older I'm really enjoying the Eastern Shore.
                    BTW the girl I married in '82 is Eaglebreaths sister and he & I have become brothers.However I did the most dasturdlyd deed of all to him & turned him into an Eagles Fan.He'll never forgive me.Funny thing is,he takes the losses harder than I do.
                    That's my story folks:Loving life(still working in sales),staying healthy,making money,and still pulling for the Birds.I'm a patient man but 47yrs? Like my tag says:
                    "JUST GIVE ME ONE BEFORE I GO"!
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Next up is Steve Mc.I don't know if you remember or not Steve but we met at a Phils game a couple of yrs ago when I came up with MdFan.You're now on the clock!
                      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Thanks J---- Since I know both Patti and you ------ you really got the better of the deal my old friend.........

Comment

absolutely j-bird - we'll have to catch up again soon!

As for me - I've always lived in Chester County, PA for all but my college years and first two out of college. I grew up in Exton/Chester Springs, PA. Went to Downingtown High School (Class '90) and then on to Lafayette College (Class '94). Received my MBA from Drexel through their night school program and I'm CFO for my family's business located in Chester Springs, PA. I lived in the Virginia burbs of Washington DC for 2 years after college and then moved back to PA. I currently reside in Downingtown with my wife (Jenny - my high school sweetheart from 9th grade) and my 3 kids (Katie - 8 which I think would blow some of you Philly.com guys mind since I remember announcing her birth to that board back then, Meghan - 5 and Ryan - 1).

Been a Philly sports fan all my 36 years on this planet. There is a picture when I strayed as a 7 year old of me in a cowboys jacket that my parents bought me back in the day that I never live down (nor can I stomach the thought of it). My family has had season tickets to the Eagles since I was 8 years old and when I got my license at 16, I became a fixture at the Vet on fall weekends. I have been to about 90% of all home games since (even through college. The choice to go to Lafayette was partially impacted by the fact that I could still get to Eagles home games!). My passion for Philly sports went through the roof as many of my age in 1980 when we were at the pinnacle of sports with all the teams in championship contention in the city. Larry Bowa was my baseball idol and Wilbert Montgomery for football. Wilbert & I have the same birthday. The love (and perhaps curse) of Philly sports is a defining part of me. I have a lot to be thanful for and consider my life pretty much fulfilled except for that missing SB victory. I was in Jacksonville and watched us come oh-so close. I hope to witness that SB victory some time in the near future to consider my life as a Philly sports fan complete.

Alright - I call on my long time message board compatriot BIG PHILLY to tell his story from south of the Mason-Dixon.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                            There is a picture when I strayed as a 7 year old of me in a cowboys jacket that my parents bought me back in the day that I never live down...
                            Please Steve, say it ain't so!! I'm sorry but you need to reprimand your parents for:
                            1. Purchasing Cowboy's gear of any kind
                            2. Allowing a child to wear that shit!! Seriously If you were still a minor I'd probably call child services on them!
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

No one asked but I'm giving my cirriculum vitae:

Born in Port Richmond in 1973. Parents had the talent and desire to get out of that dump in 1975, when we moved to gorgeous Red Lion Rd in the not-so great Northeast. After a few years, we moved to Marlton, the second worst down in South Jersey. After three years there, we moved to London, England because of Dad's job. Spent 82-88 in London, had the chance to travel all over Europe and North Africa. Learned how to play rugby. Moved to Yardley in 88, graduated from Pennsbury in 91. Played varsity basketball. Was recruited by a number of Division 3 schools up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Decided to go to Western Maryland and had a perfectly mediocre career there. Started for the better part of 4 years, was always a cog in the machine. Joined Army ROTC in 94. Graduated in 96 with a BA in History and two classes short of a BA in Political Science. Currently taking classes for a Master's in Unconventional Warfare and Special Operations.

Was commissioned an Armor Officer, went to the mecca of Armor, Ft. Knox in early 97. Joined the California National Guard in 96, spent 4 years there. Had a tank platoon, support platoon and was a Company Commander of 14 M1A1 tanks. Went on Active status in 2000 in Washington DC at the National Guard Bureau. Been assigned to the Armor School twice for school. Was in DC for the 9/11 attacks. Also am a 50A Force Management Officer and 59A Stretegic Planner. Deployed to Afghanistan in 2005-2006. Awarded Bronze Star medal - one of the highlights of my life. Helped engineer the Pakistan Earthquake Relief mission - over 80,000 people died and it would have been a lot more if we didn't get in there. Currently working as a Strategic Plans and Policy Officer. Headed to Ft. Leavenworth in July for Command and General Staff College. Army has been good to me for the most part, only been shot at once and was mortared/rocketed a few more times. Have lost numerous friends and colleague in Iraq and Afghanistan so I get passionate about these subjects.

Married to my best friend Amy in 2004 after dating for three years. She's a Physician Assistant. Daughter Brooke born in JUN 06. Love my family, most important thing in the world to me. Currently live 20 miles south of Annapolis in a small town surrounded by the Chesapeake and horse farms.

Philly Sports: has been one of the few consistent things in my life. Love all teams across the board, Sixers and the NBA have become unwatachable however.

Favorite Players;
                              Phils: Carlton, Schmidt, Howard, Greg Gross and Luzinski
                              Birds: Jerry Sizemore, Jerome Brown, Ron Jaworski, Wes Hopkins
                              Sixers: Andrew Toney, Dr.J, Ron Anderson, Charles Barkley
                              Flyers: Moose Dupont, Dave Poulin, Bill Barber,John Le Clair, Dave Brown

Hope to God my Dad gets to see a Super Bowl win - he had season tickets after he came back from Vietnam and gave them up when we moved to Blighty. Eagles are my favorite team, bar none.

Comment

Thanks LG, great summary and great story.

I did boot camp at Fort Knox way back in the day --- funny I have never returned there, heartbreak hill stole my heart! LOL.

Still waiting on BP..........?????????????????

But till he decides to join us, LG pick somebody else......

Comment

Working...
                                X