No announcement yet.

Did anyone here submit this question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone here submit this question??

Q: On behalf of every Eagles fan, can you please be the one media guy who doesn't suck up to Andy Reid and point out all the reasons why he sucks and needs to either resign or start smoking? The man either needs more oxygen or more nicotine. Thanks in advance.
    -- Randy, South Philly

SG: I'd be delighted! Reid is like Art Shell with a better PR staff. He makes terrible decisions at the worst possible times. His players make boneheaded mistakes (like the DeSean Jackson spike, or McNabb's pathetic eight-minute drill in Super Bowl XXXIX) and nobody ever blames him. He doesn't seem to understand the strengths and weaknesses of his players even remotely, as we witness every week when poor David Akers is forced to try 50-yard field goals with a 43-yard leg and their crappy offensive line is forced to keep ramming it down someone's throat on third-and-1. His clock management has always been horrendous -- always -- even back when the Eagles were going to the NFC title game every year.

Here's how much Reid has slipped as an NFL coach: During the Skins-Eagles game, Antwaan Randle-El threw an option pass TD that Reid challenged even though Randle-El was clearly behind the line. There was no debate. I watched the play live and didn't even know what Reid was challenging until Troy Aikman guessed it correctly. ("You're exactly right, Troy!") So we wasted two minutes watching replays of Randle-El throwing the pass from two yards behind the line of scrimmage, then Philly eventually losing a timeout on one of the five dumbest challenges of this decade. And I was sitting there thinking that we needed some sort of "Coaching Boners" stat to capture the following things …

1. Calling for inane challenges that have no chance of getting overturned.

2. Horrendous goal-line plays that cause fans to start booing even as the ball-carrier is getting tackled.

3. Egregious and indefensible brain-farts by a player.

4. Any needlessly counterproductive decision along the lines of "David Akers couldn't make a field goal of more than 50 yards right now unless we injected him with enough cocaine, Red Bull and HGH to kill a thoroughbred horse, but screw it, we're trying this 52-yarder anyway."

5. Screwing up the clock management in the "Two minutes to go and we need two scores" scenario.

6. Screwing up your three timeouts when there is less than four minutes left, you're trailing and you need to save as many seconds as possible.

When you think about it, we could easily keep track of those six categories. And if we did, we'd find that Andy Reid has doubled the total of any other coach for 2008 coaching boners through five weeks. I am convinced.
    From BS - The Sports Guy on ESPN - He said what fans have been saying for a while - so atleast I know I'm not crazy and someone from across the country who's not an Eagles fan can see these mistakes

Re: Did anyone here submit this question??

Not really surprising. I used to hear that stuff all the time when I ran the book here in Vegas.

Sad thing is most of it is true. I was a big Reid backer until I started to realize that he doesn't learn. He makes the same stupid mistakes that he has been making since his rookie year as coach. If it wasn't for such a piss poor NFC East his first four or five years as coach he wouldn't nearly be as successful.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
        Not really surprising. I used to hear that stuff all the time when I ran the book here in Vegas.

Sad thing is most of it is true. I was a big Reid backer until I started to realize that he doesn't learn. He makes the same stupid mistakes that he has been making since his rookie year as coach. If it wasn't for such a piss poor NFC East his first four or five years as coach he wouldn't nearly be as successful.
        This is pretty much how I feel about Reid. Only I do think he is a great administrator/planner. If only there was some way to get him to completely give up playcalling to some young offensive coordinator.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
          Originally posted by Blitz

This is pretty much how I feel about Reid. Only I do think he is a great administrator/planner. If only there was some way to get him to completely give up playcalling to some young offensive coordinator.
          The Bengals should do themselves a favor (and us for that matter) and offer this guy the GM job.

Now if only there was a defensive coordinator available who knows the Eagles and would be a great fit in the NFC East, if only.....

Comment

Working...
          X