X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajayi Ready To Roll

I say again, I can't wait till Sunday

Jay Ajayi will be unleashed against the Cowboys
    Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich admitted Ajayi knows the full playbook.

• <LI class=reddit>

Jay Ajayi played 27 snaps in his debut for the Philadelphia Eagles, a much higher number than was expected.
    The Eagles couldn't keep Ajayi off the field, not after he had eight carries for 77 yards (leading the team in rushing)...which included a 46-yard touchdown run in Philadelphia's victory over the Denver Broncos.
    There are no more limitations for Ajayi. After an extra week to learn the Eagles playbook, there isn't a package Ajayi doesn't know in the Eagles game plan.
    Philadelphia is set to unleash Ajayi against the Dallas Cowboys.
    "When I look at our game plan for this week, I honestly look at it, and there's probably not a play on there that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting his number on as far as him learning it and knowing what to do," said Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich. "So I just think that speaks a lot about him as a player."
    The Eagles are 8-1 and currently sit at the top of the NFC! Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news this year -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!
    Ajayi won't have a set package designed for him, but the Eagles will have the full arsenal of the playbook at their disposal for him Sunday. That's film the Dallas Cowboys won't have until after the game.
    "I was impressed with Jay right off the bat in the first week how quickly he grasped it," Reich said. "Particularly in the protections. And we've talked about that a lot in here, how important that is. And you just know. We've been around this game long enough as coaches, when a guy gets it, and Jay gets it. You can feel it right from the start. It didn't hurt to get a vote of confidence when Duce (Staley) tells me after the first day that Jay's here, and he goes down in the meeting room with him for several hours just to have a crash course, and Duce has been around the block a few times, and for Duce to walk out of that meeting and say, ‘We're good. We're good. This guy's going to be fine mentally.’
    "That's what we've seen. So I think the best thing to say about it is: it's not an issue. It's not a distraction. It's not prohibiting us because we do things the way we do with our backs and it's by committee, we're not hampered by the fact that he's relatively new. We'd have a small package anyway, the way we do it. He's able to handle whatever we give him at this point."
    Full steam ahead for the "Jay Train."
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Some very positive comments by Reich and Duce regarding this young man's aptitude and attitude.

And Gase has certainly turned the Dolphins around since Ajayi was scapegoated and traded...NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Some very positive comments by Reich and Duce regarding this young man's aptitude and attitude.

And Gase has certainly turned the Dolphins around since Ajayi was scapegoated and traded...NOT!
      I thought that Gase said he didn't know where he was going and didn't study his playbook. I'd say that his days in Miami are numbered too.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Miami is the biggest fraud of a 4 win team. Outside of the second half against Atlanta, all I’ve seen from them is poor offense. Now the D is beginning to fade. I’ll be surprised if they win more than 2 more. And one of those will be by accident.

Comment

Working...
        X