Best way to play Dak ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to play Dak ?

Schwartz confirmed in his press conference that Dak may be the best QB in the NFL throwing on the run.

His QB numbers while outside the pocket are scary, not to mention his ability to pickup key 1st downs and TD's with his legs.

I know that we need to mix things up and pressure him. But, maybe the Eagles should bring back a bit of the Mush Rush against the Cowboys on Sunday, making sure Dak does not get to the outside. I am not suggesting this on every down. But, maybe mix it in a bit. The Eagles beat Micheal Vick several times with the Falcons employing this strategy from what I remember. Dak is a better passer overall than Vick though.

As a pocket passer, Dak seems average at best from the games I have seen him in.

It will be interesting to see what Schwartz comes up with. He seems to be really wary of Dak getting to the outside.

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    Schwartz confirmed in his press conference that Dak may be the best QB in the NFL throwing on the run.

His QB numbers while outside the pocket are scary, not to mention his ability to pickup key 1st downs and TD's with his legs.

I know that we need to mix things up and pressure him. But, maybe the Eagles should bring back a bit of the Mush Rush against the Cowboys on Sunday, making sure Dak does not get to the outside. I am not suggesting this on every down. But, maybe mix it in a bit. The Eagles beat Micheal Vick several times with the Falcons employing this strategy from what I remember. Dak is a better passer overall than Vick though.

As a pocket passer, Dak seems average at best from the games I have seen him in.

It will be interesting to see what Schwartz comes up with. He seems to be really wary of Dak getting to the outside.
    I guess that I would practice it in case we need to use it but I think that the secret to our pass defense has been pressure so off the top of my head I'd just go at him like usual.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

When you have DE's like Curry, Graham, Barnett, & Long who can keep the QB in the pocket ( If told to do so rather than attack the QB) then you certainly have options. If it were me, I'd go with keeping Dak in the pocket but we'll see what Schwartz decides to do. Maybe a little bit of both approaches? Not sure, should be interesting to see what he goes with.
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I think they contain on the right side of the line and bring it on the left side, Dak rarely moves to his left unless its on a designed run.

Kendricks and Bradham will be huge in this game as will Jenkins as I think they will use him more around the line of scrimmage to spy Dak .
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          I think they contain on the right side of the line and bring it on the left side, Dak rarely moves to his left unless its on a designed run.

Kendricks and Bradham will be huge in this game as will Jenkins as I think they will use him more around the line of scrimmage to spy Dak .
          He might have a chance at catching him anyway. I get a kick out of teams spying Russell with a linebacker. Why? All they do is get left in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Being a Belichick disciple, he'll probably look to take away the one or two pieces of their offense that are the most effective Beasley (has shitty numbers this year compared to last, but I attribute that to DCs knowing his success on third down conversions for Dak) and Witten who is an Eagle killer.

I like that idea of forcing him to his left, and as Schwartz said in an interview, "We are gonna attack the quarterback" and he's got the rotation to do it.

Personally, I would love this to be Body Bag Game 2

Comment

Staying in your rush lanes will be critical. If Dak flanks the pass rush he will make big plays.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                Staying in your rush lanes will be critical. If Dak flanks the pass rush he will make big plays.
                Isn't that always true? WEjust have to finish plays when we get to him.

Comment

Afyer last week the Eagles can really get into his head if they hit him early and often. Be aggressive and sack him early and he will be lokny berbhis shoulder all game. He as rattled last week and hasn’t had that much pressure before. Need to capitalize on that this week.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Lokny berbhis ?
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      Lokny berbhis ?
                      Swahili for “shitting-in-pants”

Comment

Working...
                      X