Patriots release Jordan Mathews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots release Jordan Mathews

PFT reports that the Patriots have released Mathews who went down in practice Sunday with a potentially serious hamstring injury.

LINK:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rdan-matthews/

Remember when Mathew was thought by some to be the Birds best receiver. How things have changed!

Watch Dallas sign him if the hammy improves!

That's some cold-blooded NFL behavior right there- good thing he signed for $170K guaranteed for training camp.

Comment

Great trade by Howie!! Man I just couldn't stand Matthews and the drops!

The Pats should really be scary on offense this year with Sony Michel being added to the roster. Ouch.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

My guess is he ends up in KC. Reid has ties to those that drafted and evaluated him. And there is still a lot of tread on those tires. Wouldn’t surprise me if he winds up in Indy either.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Great trade by Howie!! Man I just couldn't stand Matthews and the drops!

The Pats should really be scary on offense this year with Sony Michel being added to the roster. Ouch.
          I never understood his dropping problem. How do you set SEC records for receiving, and at VANDERBILT, of all schools in the SEC, and then get to the NFL and forget how to catch the freaking ball?

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
            I never understood his dropping problem. How do you set SEC records for receiving, and at VANDERBILT, of all schools in the SEC, and then get to the NFL and forget how to catch the freaking ball?
            Agreed- that's why the underachieving of Agholor was also frustrating- he caught everything at USC.

I'm 100% certain it was because we had horrible WR coaches.
            Last edited by WCPhan; 08-03-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I still like the kid, who never had much help
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

He just looks to me like a guy that got hurt one too many times, and just can't beat the bug. He needs to take the time off, and get completely healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                  Totally agree. We should call it Quenton Caver syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    Totally agree. We should call it Quenton Caver syndrome.
                    He was like a mosquito on a windshield everytime the other team ran his way.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      He was like a mosquito on a windshield everytime the other team ran his way.
                      Somewhere, Jim Johnson is still shaking his head trying to figure out WTF happened with Caver. He literally went from being a dominant player in the SEC to getting pancaked on special teams.

Comment

Those injuries add up. You’re compensating for one part of your body being weaker so something else takes all the stress.

Watching Elton Brand convinced me of that. I would take a risk on someone with one injury but never two.

Comment

Working...
                        X