Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Witten?

Am I missing something on this one?

He's a good guy and good TE that was fortunate to have a long career. Was a good blocker and great at catching 10 yard passes. Not dynamic, not a game changer, not someone that D coordinators game planned for. Just a solid player so I just don't see what the big deal is about his retirement. That press conference was just awkward with Jerry staring at him the whole time.
    And what makes ex-Cowboys automatically qualified to be analysts? You think that the public would like to hear the perspective of some that actually won something like Peyton Manning.

I sure hope the Eagles don't do this big retirement press conference when one of our veteran Eagles retires.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Witten was the face, or one of the well knowns, of the franchise for a number of years and one of the better TEs during his playing days. He also told them he would play this year and announced his retirement at an awkward time for the team. Cry me a river.
    Personally I always thought he was a pain in the ass for the Eagles. I would love to have seen him call it a career after three years. Now however I wish he would stay since he doesn't have the game he once had.
    As to why all the girls in the booth......I have no idea but would really like to see less.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Witten is actually a good guy, except for the fact that he played for that awful team. He never complained or made any kind of trouble. He would have been loved in Philly.

I too am glad he is retiring. He was a pain in our ass for many years.

With that said, I am sick of Ex-cowboys in the broadcast booth. It makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
      X