Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Canfora: Cards Willing To Trade CB Patrick Peterson, Others In Effort To Stockpile Draft Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Canfora: Cards Willing To Trade CB Patrick Peterson, Others In Effort To Stockpile Draft Picks

I'm intrigued by the potential availability of LB Reddick, Temple alum, more so than Peterson. Don't know what La Canfora has heard in league circles, but this seems speculative.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...eshape-roster/

J. La Canfora

The Arizona Cardinals could be one of the NFL's most active teams ahead of the trade deadline, with league sources indicating that All-Pro corner Patrick Peterson is among the players the team is willing to move. Arizona is off to a slow start, has already transitioned from Sam Bradford to Josh Rosen at quarterback and the front office is keeping an open mind about moves to reposition the franchise for the future.

The Cardinals had hoped to compete for a playoff spot this season with a roster largely comprised of players brought in while Bruce Arians was head coach and with the hope that Bradford, with a contract worth up to $20M for 2018, could keep them relevant in the NFC West. But the tenor of this campaign has already shifted significantly to the point where several sources indicated a trade involving Peterson, perhaps the top corner in football, is quite possible by the deadline a little over two weeks from now.

Accruing high draft picks will be imperative if the team is to rebuild around Rosen, and there will be numerous holes to fill on this roster is it currently stands. As reported last week, the Cardinals are also seeking a trade for safety/linebacker Deone Bucannon, a former first-round pick who has not fit in their new defensive scheme (a trade is likely, sources said), and are also open to moving linebacker Haason Reddick, the 13th overall pick in 2017, though his steep salary is expected to severely limit any real trade market for him, rival general managers said.

But Peterson could be a potential blockbuster that would put the Cardinals in position to make significant noise in the next few drafts. He continues to play at a truly elite level, he is incredibly versatile, and, with the corner market exploding since his last contract, his salaries of $11M in 2019 and $12M in 2020 (when he turns 30) significantly increase his trade value as well.

In the past, future Hall of Fame receiver Larry Fitzgerald has always been emphatic about wanting to remain a Cardinal for his entire NFL career, a wish the franchise would always grant, but some general managers wonder if the receiver might alter that stance by the end of the month should this season look hopeless in Arizona and if Fitzgerald, year-to-year with retirement plans, wanted a chance to get a ring elsewhere.

Regardless, the Cardinals will be one of the most closely watched teams in the NFL ahead of the deadline, and with most of the intense trade talks taking place in Week 8, there is a strong expectation that the Cardinals will be among the best-positioned teams to wheel and deal with playoff teams seeking various players off their roster.

Also: Gruden may be considering shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...K:topheadlines

Gruden isn't done cleaning house after trading Khalil Mack. Cooper has been inconsistent after a down 2017, but it's hard to see the Raiders making such a franchise-changing move. Oakland is also calling teams about 2016 first-rounder Karl Joseph. It's telling that both players are repped by the same agent as Mack. Cooper is signed through 2019 after the Raiders picked up his fifth-year option.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-karl-joseph/

Comment

Sounds like Howie will be on the phone! He could be looking for anything. Lord knows that we have enough picks next year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Most of the guys being shopped carry big cap numbers. Are not living up to those numbers etc. Now Pederson that intrigues me but he makes too much money to fit into our cap. Cooper is the guy to get but he got hurt today or an illegal hit.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I really like Deone Buchanan but the only way you sign him is if you know you are not keeping Hicks and you redo his deal.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Carlos Hyde just went to the Jags for a 5th rounder. I would have liked to bring him here. I think he would do well as another big back in a committee to save Clements from some of the pounding he will take now.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              Carlos Hyde just went to the Jags for a 5th rounder. I would have liked to bring him here. I think he would do well as another big back in a committee to save Clements from some of the pounding he will take now.
              Me too!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X