• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb's "Thank You" to fans after Week #4

From NcNabb...

http://donovanmcnabb.yardbarker.com/...nk_you/3358107

Thank you!

I hope that everyone has an opportunity in their lifetime to experience what I did Sunday because words can hardly describe it.

It’s no secret I went home again....and was greeted with an ovation that was overwhelming. Philadelphia - you gave me chills during that pregame introduction. I know many people didn’t know what to expect but I knew there were many fans I met over my 11 seasons who expressed nothing but positive feelings towards me. Previously, they may have been considered the silent majority but Sunday they made their feeling heard - loudly. I sincerely appreciate that support.

I must also thank my Redskins’ teammates. While I tried to make this seem like a normal week against an NFC East opponent, I must admit, it was anything but normal. We stepped it up on offense, defense and special teams, and pulled out a victory even though I didn’t play my best game.

I am very proud of all my friends, both old and new!

"Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Class act all the way!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Now lose the rest of your games please donny.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          ....except for the games against the Cowgirls and Giants........
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Why in the world would you want that? If you give the foreskins enough top 5 draft picks, even with the midget interfering they can get lucky and actually draft someone who helps their team! It's much better if they go 9-7 losing to the Eagles and missing the playoffs. I wish that for the Cowpukes and Gnats as well. Nothing would be better than seeing all three teams finish with winning records, while losing their games to the Eagles and watching the birds win the division every year. They'd each end up with picks int eh low 20's keeping them from even getting a sniff at the elite talent in each years draft. The best way to screw them is to allow them to beat each other up and accrue winning records that fall short of getting them into the playoffs! Mediocrity, it's what I wish for all my rivals!!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

a class act all the way. i got a little verklempt at the fan reaction and McNabb's obviously heartfelt response when he thumped his chest a few times.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

He remains a class act. I wish him the best starting next year when he's a Viking.

Comment

Working...
                X