Come back soon, MJG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come back soon, MJG...

Gawd, can't believe I started this thread.

But lap-band boy has played well for a decent stretch of games now. And when he went out, the o-line just went to hell.

I know Mathis and Freeney are a handful, but that was a terrible performance by the offensive line.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

What did you expect?
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

They did struggle.

Did the followin come across on the telecast? At the end of the 3rd quarter, there was a scuffle and McGlynn was in a referees face. Players had to pull him away. As they are taking the trek to the other end of the stadium due to changing of fields for the fourth quarter, Big Red comes out to the 50 and gets in McGlynn's face. I liked the fire.

The O-Line started well and then went to pieces. I can't believe Reggie Wells can't step in and perform at RG.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
        But lap-band boy has played well for a decent stretch of games now. And when he went out, the o-line just went to hell.

I know Mathis and Freeney are a handful, but that was a terrible performance by the offensive line.
        Both pass and run blocking went to hell after LBB (Lap Band Boy) went out. It's scary to think what would have happened had KK been facing that rush. He's not imobile by any means, but I have to think he would have been crushed.

BTW, does anyone know how MGG got the concussion? The NFL will probably fine HIM for hitting someone with this head.

Comment

I thought Peters did a great job on Freeney and the OL obviously blocked well enough for McCoy to have a good day and for Vick to be able to make the plays downfield etc., but replacing guys mid-game always throws a wrench into things....
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
            I thought Peters did a great job on Freeney and the OL obviously blocked well enough for McCoy to have a good day and for Vick to be able to make the plays downfield etc., but replacing guys mid-game always throws a wrench into things....

I don't know at what point MGG went out because it was mentioned after the fact and I'm far from skilled in evaluating line play 'on the fly'. But from my unsophisticated perspective, there was a noticeable change/decline in the overall effectiveness of both the run and pass blocking in the 2nd quarter that, with a few exceptions, continued throughout the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post

Peters did reasonably well against Freeney. But the run-blocking was not that good. McCoy got most of his yards on one run, the first play from scrimmage. And Vick usually only had time to go downfield when he created it with his legs.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

VFK sees things through rose-colored glasses!
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                X