Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Eagle Demps Resurfaces With Texans

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...quintin-demps/

think it is pretty telling that the guy couldn't play when you consider it took him until this late in the year to latch on with somebody and then it was the team with the worst secondary in the league.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Famous members of the 2009 Eagles secondary: Quintan Demps (just signed by Houston), Macho Harris (signed by Washington 2 weeks ago), Sean Jones (signed by Tampa in March), and who can ever forget Jeffrey Pope, who amazingly has failed to catch on with any NFL, CFL, UFL or Pop Warner team.

All the excellent memories from the 2009 secondary are not lost however...we still have Joselio Hanson to remind us of the good times.

They made us so proud!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        think it is pretty telling that the guy couldn't play when you consider it took him until this late in the year to latch on with somebody and then it was the team with the worst secondary in the league.
        That was my first thought too AW, but I guess that there was a valid reason for it. Demps played for the new football league (UFL) and there was a $150,000 transfer fee to get out of the contract. It has been reduced to $25,000 which Houston paid so that Demps could get out of the contract. It seems quite a few players were in the same boat.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
          Famous members of the 2009 Eagles secondary: Quintan Demps (just signed by Houston), Macho Harris (signed by Washington 2 weeks ago), Sean Jones (signed by Tampa in March), and who can ever forget Jeffrey Pope, who amazingly has failed to catch on with any NFL, CFL, UFL or Pop Warner team.

All the excellent memories from the 2009 secondary are not lost however...we still have Joselio Hanson to remind us of the good times.

They made us so proud!
          i heard that jeffrey pope was seeking a 7-year $126mm guaranteed contract from the skins b/c he did not want to be behind jayson werth in the athlete pecking order ... that, and he heard daniel snyder was really stupid (but apparently not quite that stupid).
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Doesn't the team usually pick up the ex player the week of when he is scheduled to face his old team, not the week after?

Comment

Demps was just released by the Texans. Most likely the last we'll ever hear his name.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                Demps was just released by the Texans. Most likely the last we'll ever hear his name.
                Nope...He's back. The Texans just resigned him.

Comment

Quintin Mikell, who we can use right now, playing well for the Rams.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Kurt Warner probably sends them greeting cards around the holidays.
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                    X