Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles WORST 2nd Round Pick of Reid Era

Vote for the WORST.

Here's the full list of 2nd round picks. They've had multiple 2nd round picks in SIX years of the Reid era.

1999 - Barry Gardner
    2000 - Todd Pinkston
    2000 - Bobbie Williams
    2001 - Quinton Caver
    2002 - Michael Lewis
    2002 - Sheldon Brown
    2003 - L.J. Smith
    2005 - Reggie Brown
    2005 - Matt McCoy
    2006 - Winston Justice
    2007 - Kevin Kolb
    2007 - Victor Abiamiri
    2008 - Trevor Laws
    2008 - DeSean Jackson
    2009 - LeSean McCoy
    2010 - Nate Allen
    2011 - Jaiqawn Jarrett
    1999 - Barry Gardner
    0.00%
    2000 - Todd Pinkston
    0.00%
    2000 - Bobbie Williams
    0.00%
    2001 - Quinton Caver
    63.64%
    2003 - L.J. Smith
    0.00%
    2005 - Matt McCoy
    27.27%
    2007 - Kevin Kolb
    0.00%
    2007 - Victor Abiamiri
    9.09%
    2008 - Trevor Laws
    0.00%
    2011 - Jaiqawn Jarrett
    0.00%

wow. I HATE LJ Smith but he's not even the worst.

Comment

Looking at these draft lists, how have the Eagles stayed competitive? Caver it is, but there are plenty of viable options.

Comment

Its amazing how the Eagles have stayed competitive over the years when only hitting on ONE 2nd round pick and that was Sheldon Brown
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          Its amazing how the Eagles have stayed competitive over the years when only hitting on ONE 2nd round pick and that was Sheldon Brown
          I think you're forgetting DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy.

Bobbie Williams was actually pretty good...but only after they cut him.

Comment

I pick Todd Pinkston, only because I think he is the most cowardly receiver who ever wore an Eagles' uniform.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              I pick Todd Pinkston, only because I think he is the most cowardly receiver who ever wore an Eagles' uniform.

The poll isn't for biggest pussy the eagles ever took. There's much worst 2nd round picks than Todd.

Comment

Caver was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread,McCoy beaten by a pubic hair
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I had to go withCaver as well. Never have I seen such a high pick look so UN-athletic from a football standpoint. The guy just had no football sense or physicality whatsoever. Abysmal pick.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Probably between Caver and McCoy for me. This list really isn't too bad actually... thought we'd have some utterly complete busts in there somewhere. I mean, McDougle and Freddie Mitchell was a worse pick than anyone here I think. Caver, Gardner and McCoy were terrible for the Eagles, but they all did have a bit of a career after the Eagles let them go (McCoy is still playing, which I did not realize). Williams in particular has done very very well after leaving -- so the talent there was spotted, just not retained. Most of the rest provided some solid contributions at some point. Well, I guess Abiamiri was continually hurt, hard to guess at talent with someone like him.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                      Probably between Caver and McCoy for me. This list really isn't too bad actually... thought we'd have some utterly complete busts in there somewhere. I mean, McDougle and Freddie Mitchell was a worse pick than anyone here I think. Caver, Gardner and McCoy were terrible for the Eagles, but they all did have a bit of a career after the Eagles let them go (McCoy is still playing, which I did not realize). Williams in particular has done very very well after leaving -- so the talent there was spotted, just not retained. Most of the rest provided some solid contributions at some point. Well, I guess Abiamiri was continually hurt, hard to guess at talent with someone like him.
                      Hmmmm...Forgot Caver actually had decent contribution for the Chiefs for a few years after the Eagles cut him loose. And McCoy has made a career of the NFL somehow, as shocking as that is. If you consider their post-Eagles careers, Abiamiri may have actually been the Eagles worst 2nd round pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X