My thoughts on the Tampa Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
    What really concerns me is that the team played a flat game last week, made a bunch of mental errors, and gave up a game tying and winning drive at the end. Now, I figured Reid would be all over everyone about mental errors, and maintaining focus after that. They go out this week, and I thoroughly expected a solid effort. That did not happen. They made a lot of mental errors, McNabb with the picks, dropped balls, penalties, etc. Not getting any points in the redzone at the end of the half is just unexcusable. Then, they allowed TB to get into a position to win the game after the Westbrook TD.

This is not good folks. You can say, well they had to hit a 60 + yard FG, or McNabb gave away the game, or whatever, but I honestly did not expect them to lose another game due to mental errors, poor execution, and another defensive/specials letdown when the game was on the line.

I am very concerned at this point, and I honestly do not think this team is as good as I thought they would be when the season started. I'm not ready to fire the coach, or jump off the Walt Whitman, because there's lots of football left to be played, but my confidence is severly shaken at this point.
    I don't have much of a problem with anything you say here, despite you thinking many of us still drink too much kool aid and some of us think you drink to much prune juice. But I'm not sure I'd classify all of #5 picks as mental errors-- I think the first Barber pick was just a great physical and mental play on Barbers part. Sometimes you can do it right and the other guy does it better. #5 knew the coverage, saw the play develop, had a man open, threw a pass------- and Barber just made a simply great play. Happens.

I understand your concerns, but I also have seen this team play lights out, on BOTH sides of the ball at times -- they just have to get consistent. They are young and I hope it will happen. I understand the difficulties, but frankly still don't understand what sitting around wringing my hands will get me.

Not saying you shouldn't, just saying that doing the old "Whoa is us" routine doesn't help me.

Gotta trust the old axiom, finishing strong is what counts.

Comment

Lighten up, the sun shines another day gents! I would have loved for the Eagles to have won, but it was not to be. Prepare for Jax now. Don't waste so much bile on this loss.

Comment

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/15825006.htm

Pay particular attention to Dawkins' statement at the end of the article.

Comment

Working...
        X