Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
    Originally posted by fanofthegame76
    Which team in the NFC other than the Bears has shown that they are capable of winning it?

Carolina lost today. Again.
    Seattle is getting manhandled by Minnesota in their own yard.
    New Orleans might have beaten us last week, but do you really think they can go all the way?
    The Giants and the Cowboys are about our strength.
    Atlanta managed to beat the Steelers today, but they managed to lose to the Giants last week.

In other words, the NFC is WIDE-OPEN.

We have what it takes to win it. Just shut up and play football.
    That is the most rational post on the site right now! I've got a feeling that a lot of teams are going to be saying things like that, all season long!!

McNabb looked like the second coming of Steve Young in games 1-5, and was the only reason we had a shot in a lot of those games. He f***ed up big time yesterday, and is better than that, and deserves the criticism, but if we have a weak point, it's not at QB. I wouldn't feel better with Romo, Bledsoe, Brunell or Eli Manning under center.
    I concur 100%. Let's keep this in perspective. Remember, it's a game. World will still turn.

Comment

Hey, if nothing else, McNabb secured Barber's spot in the Pro Bowl this year. So he did SOMETHING good.

Anyway, I don't see why an opinion can't be disagreed with without lableing it OVER THE TOP. Say you disagree, express your own opinion, but you don't need to label OTHER'S opinions.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I feel this was a great game to show our kids what our vets did to still win- But a 62 yrd FG killed class yesterday. Ok. Now we know there is nothing but a win coming next week and with the Bye and our leadership- We'll come out smoking three wins ins a row... Or more. We're ok. I know our boys will "Rally round the Family.... With a pocket full of shells...)
        http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

JB, you make me giggle, man. Thanks.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Dog- Don't giggle- Wiggle....
            http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Btw - historically, the Eagles are a much better team after their bye, under Reid.
              "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

We are what we are. 4-3. A slightly better than .500 team. Too many mistakes to consider us among the elite. And with a very hard stretch coming up, I don't see how anyone can think the playoffs are a slam dunk. In fact, I think the odds are probably against us as this point. I am officially worried about this team.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofthegame76
                  Which team in the NFC other than the Bears has shown that they are capable of winning it?

Carolina lost today. Again.
                  Seattle is getting manhandled by Minnesota in their own yard.
                  New Orleans might have beaten us last week, but do you really think they can go all the way?
                  The Giants and the Cowboys are about our strength.
                  Atlanta managed to beat the Steelers today, but they managed to lose to the Giants last week.

In other words, the NFC is WIDE-OPEN.

We have what it takes to win it. Just shut up and play football.
                  DITTO!!
                  Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by AToney
                    We are what we are. 4-3. A slightly better than .500 team. Too many mistakes to consider us among the elite. And with a very hard stretch coming up, I don't see how anyone can think the playoffs are a slam dunk. In fact, I think the odds are probably against us as this point. I am officially worried about this team.
                    What elite? Maybe the Bears. With their offense they are as susptible to what happened to us yesterday as anyone. You think Grossman won't throw 2-3 interceptions in a couple game before this year is over.
                    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Were not in a position to worry about the Bears. We have to worry about all the other teams we have failed to distance ourselves from. We are no better than they are. And if we keep thinking we are, we will keep getting results like the last two weeks. And that's what I mean by saying we are not among the elite.

Comment

Working...
                      X