Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kearse's Power Diet" from Sports Weekly

Kearse's power diet

Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse worked so hard this offseason that he lost 15 pounds and is down to 260. The eighth-year pro also added moves to his pass-rush repertoire.

"I didn't lose weight on purpose," Kearse says. "I lost it because I was training harder. I have to do something different. I've been working overtime on my inside-outside power rushing moves."

Kearse, 29, has 15 sacks in two seasons with Philadelphia, but he has a chance to recapture his 14½-sack form from his 1999 rookie season with the Titans. The addition of former Saints defensive end Darren Howard, Jerome McDougle's return to health, second-year pro Trent Cole and Juqua Thomas provide depth.

Coordinator Jim Johnson will move Kearse from side to side, unlike last year when Kearse was double-teamed on the left after injuries to other players forced Cole to play right end as a rookie.

"We can be as good as we want to be," Kearse says. "Two years ago we went to the Super Bowl. The potential looks good for this year."

So it sounds like he knows he can't be that light and will bulk up by 15 lbs of muscle by the time opening day comes around.

Comment

Jeeze, sf, I don't know. 15 pounds of muscle seems like an awful lot to gain in a few months time. Naturally, that is. Heck, I don't know if you could go to Mexico, hook up with Arthur Rea, and gain 15 pounds of muscle that quick. (Rea knows his $hit about chemical enhancement)

As long as he's not sacrificing strength with the weight loss, he'll be fine. Although I'm thinking that if I am playing the Eagles, and Jones is still playing the SAM spot, I'll put the TE on Kearse's side, pull a guard, and run at the two of them all the live long day, or until they can stop it, whichever comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
        Jeeze, sf, I don't know. 15 pounds of muscle seems like an awful lot to gain in a few months time. Naturally, that is. Heck, I don't know if you could go to Mexico, hook up with Arthur Rea, and gain 15 pounds of muscle that quick. (Rea knows his $hit about chemical enhancement)

As long as he's not sacrificing strength with the weight loss, he'll be fine. Although I'm thinking that if I am playing the Eagles, and Jones is still playing the SAM spot, I'll put the TE on Kearse's side, pull a guard, and run at the two of them all the live long day, or until they can stop it, whichever comes first.
        EB, you'll have to trust me when I say that I know my way around the muscle building/weight gaining world as well as many a guru. Kearse can easily put on 10+ lbs of muscle legally, naturally between now and camp if he wants to. Yes there are new variations of the now illegal but hugely successful pro-hormones like 1Ad, 1-Test, M1T and Superdrol which still beat the tests and work extremely well. Still the chemical/natural world has evolved way beyond John Doe's comprehension and now you can (as I do) use a combo of USPLabs Cissus RX/PowerFULL along with Designer Supplements Rebound Reloaded/Activate and add some CEE (Creatine Ethyl Esther) and grow the same on these famous natural anabolics as you could on pro-steroids. Any athlete with the money to spend for the supplements and trainers he needs and the guts and drive to work hard enough can grow muscle at will. Yes, I believe the anti-steroid gang is pissing in the wind LOL. PS FYI, the natural way ends up meaning: no dangerous side effects, improved anti-oxident strength and increased testosterone ie horniness! Kearse should be smiling in his next picture chuckle, chuckle!

Comment

Dutch, I'm right there with you. I know all about prohormones, creatine mono and EE, and I've looked at just about every supplement known to mankind. I'm well aware of what's out there. But, camp opens in about a month. Ronnie freakin Coleman couldn't put 15 pounds of muscle on in a month. Scale weight can be deceptive anyways. A lot of guys go on creatine, which I cycle on and off of occasionally, and they pick up some water weight, and think it's muscle. Plus, these guys ain't newbs either. They've been lifting ever since high school, and I'm sure they don't gain as easily as someone who's just starting out.

You could be right, as I don't claim to know everything, but I just can't see 10 or 15 pounds of lean muscle between now and camp.

Comment

So Kearse is leaner and meaner, and Dawkins says that DMac's lost some pounds (getting closer to a fighting weight?)

So...stay healthy, stay sharp, geez, I'll never make it to game 1!
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I have to say, the guy looked in DAMN good shape last year. Watching him up close and seeing how FAST he is was unbelievable. If this helps his speed, look out.

Comment

Working...
              X