No announcement yet.

This topic won't go away......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD you're right. The only problem is that those answers are all held by the Eagles. If they have acted as they say they should be providing some of those answers but they're not. That of course doesn't mean they're guilty it just means that they shouldn't be shocked if the questions about these practices aren't going away.

If the problem is the season ticker holders then I agree with taking the same actions that the Foreskins took. When I had season tickets I was always aware of who I sold them too since I was very friendly with the people around me and didn't want to have troublemakers bothering them. I was also aware that I could lose my tickets if those people became too much of a problem. It's a little bit of "you brought them to the party so you have to leave too" mentality. A good idea in this case. But again it falls back to the Eagles to work to resolve the problem not turn a blind eye and question the fans who point out the situation, which seems to be what they're doing.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Sorry E55 when the Eagles asked for and received public funding for the stadium, they needed to consider the public perceiption and the rights of the fan base that funded them. If this was a private venture built with 100% private money, then the business model of "get what the market will bear" is justified. .
      I have to ask why? Is it a moral and ethical issue as you see it or do they have a written agreement tied to the public funds? If there weren't public funds involved it sounds like you have no issues with it? I mean why would it be ok if there are no public funds? What about the poor cab driver, that's all of a sudden ok to you?
      I would venture to say that the difference in cost for you, me and the cab driver is less than a smoker pays a month for his cigarettes or a drinking man leaves in tips at a bar in a week. The everyday working man can afford to go to a few games even in this manner. We are all entitled to our opinion and I respect yours. I'm just saying for me it's not a huge deal but I do think they should be honest about whatever has happened and stand thier ground based on merit alone. I'm not saying it's fair or it's just but it is the way it works.

Comment

There are two points here for me. For the sake of this discussion I'll assume that the Eagles are in fact selling blocks of tickets to these companies. (Again this is for discussion - they need to clear this up and ckler the record once and for all). If they have been selling tickets to these companies then they are violating their own policy as stated in the article. They are also dangerously close to voilating the law. If RazorGator opened an office in Pa they would be arrested for this "business practice" but because Pa laws don't have any jurisdiction in California they can't face charges. Agai you have to ask if it's illegal here why are the Eagles involved in it?

Second I do think that the Eagles have responsibility to the tax payers who funded their stadium. I think they need to allow the market to set the price, not a few greedy profiteers who work to corner the market and drive up the price. If the cab driver can't afford a ticket to a game because of the fair market price that's one thing. When the Eagles funnel the tickets to an out of state broker for a higher fee and allows them to control the market and set the price that prevents the cab driver from affording a ticket - yes I have a problem with that.

If the Eagles hadn't asked for and accepted public funding then it would only be a question of whether they should be involved with a company whos entire business practice is illegal here. If Pa changed the law to allow this kind of sale then I'd shut up about it - I might not agree with it, but I'd live with it as a business decision to maximize profits. I would like to know how they got their tickets and how much they paid. If it was more than face value then the Eagles have some explaining to do. If it is as the Eagles said and they have gotten them from season ticket holders then the Eagles should be taking a look at whose tickets they are and who is making the profit from them. Just my opinion, you're of course entitled to yours (but damn it if you'd just accept MINE this would be much easier! )
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jukin, Actually you've swayed me somewhat and I do see your points I agree with one and disagree with the other.

I see your point about the legality of it being just a matter of where the office is located. If it's illegal in PA they should not try to circumvent the intent of the law. They do need to clear this up. If they have stated that they do not sell tickets in bulk or blocks then they should clear that up if they are concerned about their image. As you stated we are being presumptuous in stating that they have done either only that appearance indicated that these things could have happened.
          One would think that if you are the Eagles and you are aware that your fan base thinks these things then you want to clear this up right away if nothing is wrong. Although they easily could be innocent and do nothing about it.

Regarding your second point, I think we also need to recognize the thin line between success and failure and some of the inconveniences and higher costs of being successful. I don't see the connection to the public funding being a reason to be sensitive about who is buying tickets unless the public funding guarantees them of a sellout each game. I gotta go republican on you here, I don't think we're "entitled" to special treatment at thier risk however small that risk is. In other words I don't think the public funding should be the thing that makes this ok or not ok unless the public funding came with that understanding.

Comment

Something doesn't add up here. The Eagles have a waiting list for season tickets, but they don't sell out the whole stadium so that there are still be tickects available to the public each week. Then, they sell a big bunch of those tickets that they have heldout of potential seson ticket holders hands in blocks. I don't get it, and I smell a rat.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
              Jukin, Actually you've swayed me somewhat and I do see your points I agree with one ....
              Whoa. What's going on here? I didn't think that anyone posting on a message board was allowed to change their mind about something.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                Originally posted by eaglefan55
                Jukin, Actually you've swayed me somewhat and I do see your points I agree with one ....
                Whoa. What's going on here? I didn't think that anyone posting on a message board was allowed to change their mind about something.
                LOL,, it probably happens more often then we think-- we were always too busy trying to out sarcastic each other to notice!

Comment

The fact that they are skirting the issue, and Banner's stance when questioned about it only add to the stench.

If they're going to work as 55 suggested, even if they don't see anything wrong with it, they do have a responsilbity to be up front with the fans about it. If it makes them look bad, because it stinks, that's tough. If they're going to operate in that manner, then they should face the music over it.

Comment

I'm not so sure about some of the conspiracy theories floating around regarding the Eagles.

IF... and it's a BIG IF... any of you remember late last year, there were PRIME seats available to the Eagles games. Since I'm on a list to upgrade my season tickets, I receive single game offers, etc...

Please remember that numerous players, sponsors, etc... have the right of first refusal to a good deal of tickets. When it became clear the Eagles were not going to make the playoffs, all of a sudden, great seats became available. (which was discussed last year)

I'd like to see the Eagles to the same thing that the Redskins are doing. There are still too many tickets available via those who have psl's, but sell the entire season and still retain the psl. jmho

Comment

Working...
                    X