No announcement yet.

What is up with these clowns on ESPN???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with these clowns on ESPN???

I missed out on their QB rankings wherin I think we came out poorly but I have caught their rankings of the RBs and the WRs/TEs. Jeesh we ended up being 31st in both cases just above San Fran. What a joke. Sure I can make a case for Andy being anal-retentive about the running game. Still his statements and the amassing of a great looking, two deep OL which seems built for the running game makes me look at things with optimism. Also, on a full year basis Westy and certainly along with Moats, we have a decent set of RBs. I say they both shine this year. But 31st ....no way! For the WRs yes we lost Meo. Good riddance! On the bright side we have a really, really, good looking youngster in Reggie, a guy released from WR hell in Gaffney, Pinky back by camp and a decent looking rookie in Avant. AND, they have a GREAT QB to get them the ball. They count Barber in as part of the GIants passing game but they completely left out Westbrook. What a ripoff. 31st.....verdammt nein!!!

I'm with you. I don't understand the methodology.

Look, I don't love our wide receivers, but isn't part of the methodology production? I promise you we will have passing production.

I like the Patriots and their O. But their receivers aren't the 11th best in the league. They said "they've got those great TEs." Who? Watson and Graham who combined for fewer receiving yards than LJ who had McMahon throwing to him? They are applauding the production as a whole.

They obviously didn't count Westbrook.

Wait until we're in the top 10 in scoring with the 31st RB corps and the 31st WR corps. I'd like to see them explain that.

Comment

One thing you are not going to get out of ESPN is quality analysis. They are too busy yelling BOO YAA!! and acting like AlJezzera for athletes to concern themselves with actually doing the sort of in depth research it would take to actually write a quality report on positional depth throughout the league.

Comment

It's funny, they gave the Giants sorts of props for Tiki Barber's pass catching ability. But yet the Eagles are 31st... Now, our WR corps don't exactly make me jump for joy either but if the list is "pass catchers", then we should be higher. We're certainly not top 10 but we're not 31 either!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
          It's funny, they gave the Giants sorts of props for Tiki Barber's pass catching ability. But yet the Eagles are 31st... Now, our WR corps don't exactly make me jump for joy either but if the list is "pass catchers", then we should be higher. We're certainly not top 10 but we're not 31 either!
          Granted the Skins at what #3?, have some good receivers in their lineup but they still have Brunell and no-one behind him. I would not be surprised to see Brown, Westy, Gaffney, LJ, Pinkey et al give them a run for their money with our big OL and DMAC.

Comment

A couple points in (very) minor defense of the segments...

1. The topic was RB depth, not OL or overall effectiveness of running game. Westbrook, Moats, Perry/Tapeh/Parry/Mahe/whoever, I have to admit I'd probably rank the Eagles in the bottom 10 in RB depth.

2. 'Pass-catcher' depth doesn't take into account the quarterback. McNabb ranked I've heard #6 in the Qb rankings, nothing to complain about. I had real issues with this ranking. If they were ranking WR's, then by all means, bury the Eagles deep on the list. I sure as hell would (maybe not #31, but low) But you can't factor in an above-average TE and the freaking elite pass-catching back in all of football and come up with #31. I think Westbrook didn't get any consideration at all.

Let's face it, we've got question marks out there. I expect a breakout from Moats and a much-improved run-blocking OL, and at least as much production from Brown/Gaffney/Pinkston/Lewis as we got in 2002 from Thrash/Pinkston/Freeman. But we're counting on a lot that we haven't necessarily seen yet.

Comment

McNabb will be in the top 5 in the NFL in passing yards and our offense will be too, but our ranking will be 31st.

Once again, you can't take a publication serious when they don't even follow their own rules. They don't even know anything about the top teams. LJ is a top TE and Westy is THE BEST receiving back in the league, yet we are the only team that gets no recognition for their skills? LOLOLOLOLOL

And, did they rate on potential or past performance? If it is by what they expect out of a group of backs, they need to say that. Sure, then the lack of runs rates us low. If it is according to their skills/abilities/potential based on yards per carry shown in years past, then the Iggles should be rated high.

ESPN finishes 95th on my list of top 20 publications.
              Pedro

Comment

Here are the rankings:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsna ... id=2502031

Comment

The RB listing is so bogus. I applaud the #6 ranking because of the McBabb/Garcia combo and I can't argue with #31 for WRs based on the depth chart alone but RB seems ridiculous to me at #31.

Comment

Wow. I guess Westbrook just sucks.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

And save me the bullcrap about it being "depth". Who's behind Shaun Alexander?
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                        And save me the bullcrap about it being "depth". Who's behind Shaun Alexander?
                        The Giants are totally set if Tiki either goes down or runs out of steam. Totally set. These guys are awesome:

20 Jim Finn RB 29 6-0 245 7 Pennsylvania
                        44 Greg Hanoian RB 24 6-2 255 1 Syracuse
                        27 Brandon Jacobs RB 23 6-4 256 2 Southern Illinois
                        29 Chad Morton RB 29 5-8 203 7 USC
                        34 Derrick Ward RB 25 5-11 233 3 Ottawa

Comment

How can you not have a column for O line? Or does that not factor into fantasy football? Which is all this is about.
                          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

It's ESPN.... Don't you guys recall when the bus of ShoulderPadSeans from WIP went up to their headquarters in Connecticut and booed THEESman?

C'mon, they've got it out for us. jeez

Comment

No. 15 pass defense. I can't object too much because we had a lousy year and have to prove we're back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsna ... id=2502031

But it still feels like every other team gets credit for getting injure guys back and offseason additions in these rankings except us.

It also feels like all these guys just plain old hate the Eagles too.

Comment

Working...
                              X